IT Support Engineer
£23,000 – £26,533
Are you passionate about IT and looking for your next venture? We have an exciting opportunity to join our IT team at our Bangor site to provide end user technical support for our scientists and professional service teams.
You will act as a first point of contact for IT Support in a customer focused manner, responding to user queries and issues and ensuring responses are timely and accurate whilst obtaining customer satisfaction.
- Ensure accurate logging of tickets, notes and resolutions in the IT Ticket System and that resolution is reached in a timely manner, with customer satisfaction as a primary focus.
- Install, configure, and repair client hardware including operating system and client software
- Assist users in access to, and use of, all relevant applications
- Configuration and maintenance of network printing and multi-function devices
- Assist in deployment of new software, and resolution of any local issues relating to LAN / WAN
- Assist with patching and updates
- Assist in ensuring compliance with the Security policies for our client and conduct work in accordance with all IT Policies or Procedures.
- New staff IT inductions
- Administer, maintain, and provide training on hardware, applications and telecoms when required
- Work collaboratively with other IT and business teams (e.g. Infrastructure, Communications) where required
- Support other IT areas, including project-based tasks as required
- Work on multiple cross-functional initiatives and projects as required
Skills and experience required
- Solid Experience Providing IT Support in a Professional Environment
- Familiar with maintenance and administration of Windows Client and Server operating systems and Microsoft Active Directory
- Audit and Asset management experience
- Demonstrable understanding of Fundamentals of networking (e.g., DNS, DHCP)
- The use of a centralised helpdesk call logging environment
- Knowledge of working in a virtualised environment such as VMware
- Previous use of WSUS, Software Delivery, Remote Control (ITCM)
- Backup and restore procedures
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 is essential with Microsoft Office 2016
- Excellent problem solving and Diagnosis skills and demonstrable Route Cause Analysis
- Able to prioritise and manage conflicting demands
- Thorough understanding of file access and management in a WAN / LAN environment
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.