Our client are a specialist in the world of restoration, race preparation and servicing of vintage and historic sports and motorcars, who due to rapid growth are looking to recruit a Workshop Manager to oversee the central workshop and be a vital member of the managerial team.
- Scheduling/Managing workload of workshop/service technicians including daily briefing/update of work. Oversee weekly workshop meeting
- Daily management of Workshop email
- Performance management and awareness of development need for service technicians
- Job card management – ensure proper daily recording of work done & hours to ensure that ‘real time’ data is available at all times
- Project management of longer-term restorations – monitoring of work v estimate to ensure projects are on time/budget.
- Customer Management – Field new customer enquiries welcome customers into workshop – scheduled and ad-hoc, etc Compiling customer work requirements and job list, Receipt of vehicles into workshop – vehicle check-in process (Pink card system)
- Management of all customer spares and tyres – ensuring inventory and store systems are robust
- Job communication – regular progress updates, costs variances etc.
- Vehicle sign off (in conjunction with MD) – ensuring that cars are complete to job list and CPE standards.
- Checking of draft customer invoices from job files, including appropriate description of work done & all direct costs prior to sending
You should be a ‘hands on’ leader, planning, delegating and scheduling work, assisting mechanics when needed, and ensuring efficient operation of the team. You will have a strong sense of urgency whilst meeting customer expectations and service standards. You will be a ‘people’ person, able to communicate with all levels of customer/supplier. As an essential member of the team, this role is key to the operational and financial efficiency of the business.
- Competitive base salary
- Health cover
Oxford, Bicester, Banbury, Upper Heyford, Thame, Aylesbury, Long Crendon, Witney, Brackley, Buckingham, Chipping Norton
Please get in touch on email –
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.