Senior Platform Engineer
Europe based – work from home
Salary 75k – 85k euros.
Digital Health Technology team powers digital experiences and engagement to enhance the lives of millions of people every day through connected care. We build, deliver and manage a portfolio of data management platforms and mobile offerings in support of our core businesses. We thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. You’ll be immersed in a dynamic high-growth environment and empowered to excel, take informed risks, and drive ingenuity across the enterprise.
Let’s Talk About the Team and You
Our IT infrastructure team has an exciting new opportunity available that will focus on working with local and global management on the design, development and operational support activities from and infrastructure perspective.
Your goals would be focused on fostering and building holistic solutions to support ResMed’s growth and IT sustainability strategy. You are a builder and have a deep understanding of a wide-variety of tools and technologies which you can combine with desired business outcomes to create compelling architectures.
You are a team player with an inclusive mind set and the ability to try new things and pivot quickly when needed. You will empower yourself and your team members to focus on both the key objectives of today, as well as implementing the best practices of tomorrow and you have a dedication and commitment to customer focus and success.
Let’s Talk About Responsibilities
- Innovate, design, deploy, manage and document the organization’s IT infrastructure.
- Work effectively with operations team members to ensure business works. Perform 3rd Level infrastructure support.
- Consult with Architects and business collaborators to analyze and determine the engineering scope and priority of projects, and to discuss system capacity and acquisition of equipment and services.
- Requires a hands-on attitude and approach for advising on technical security approaches and implementing capabilities.
- Provides guidance and best practices for the development, implementation, installation, and operation of the compute, storage, virtualization architecture for the organization.
- Takes part in negotiations and contracts with consultants, technical personnel, and vendors for services and products.
- System monitoring, strong analytical and reporting skills and advanced troubleshooting required.
- Ideates and continuously seek improvements in how we work. This includes automation and cost management.
Let’s Talk Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors in Engineering or Computer Science with very solid relevant experience. Combination of education and work experience will be considered.
- VMWare, certification required or equivalent work experience.
- Strong understanding of Data Center technologies including SANs (PureStorage, EMC VNX or similar), compute (Cisco UCS, Dell blade or similar), virtualization (VMWare), backup and DR (EMC RecoverPoint, Rubrik, EMC Networker, Avamar or similar) and 3-Tier Architecture.
- Strong background and experience with MS Windows Server technologies (RDS in particular).
- Good understanding and operational experience with RedHat or equivalent Linux distributions.
- Basic networking (switching, routing) experience.
- Experience with automated systems management and zero touch deployments utilizing tools such as Terraform, Ansible, PowerShell, Python etc.
- Knowledge and experience with hybrid cloud architecture is beneficial.
- Strong background and experience with AWS.
Join our team!
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates.
If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.