ICT Support Technician
Hayes, West London.
£20k – £25k – plus benefits
The role will be based at a school in Hayes, West London for a multi-academy trust.
Our client provides a fully managed IT Support service and are heavily involved with ongoing projects and developments for the Trust. The ideal candidate will be expected to provide support to the school and help support the rest of the Trust ICT team as required.
Technical Requirements (not everything below is essential, however the more that can be demonstrated the better)
- Daily Proactive checks of ICT areas
- Proactive Maintenance of all hardware across the site (Including IT Suites & Network Cabinets)
- Re-imaging PC’s
- 1st/2nd line support for all IT users
- Application Deployment
- Desktop Deployment
- Supporting Microsoft Windows Server and Windows 10/7
- IT Inductions to new staff members
- Setting up new staff members and managing passwords
- Responsible for managing the sites IT helpdesk and ensuring we meet SLA’s
- Maintain IT documentation such as Assets/Authentication docs/Maintenance schedule
- Maintain audio visual equipment around the site,
- Update tickets logged to our Service desk
- A working knowledge of Windows server administration
- An understand of technologies – Experience with any of the following operating systems & software packages is advantageous. Windows 10/7, Microsoft Server 2012 R2/2016, Impero, Sophos, Office 365.
And non-technically we’re looking for
- Positive outlook and attitude when dealing with staff/students even in busy situations
- Previous experience working in the education sector is beneficial
- A great communicator
- Flexible approach
- A self-motivator
- A well organised person who can respond to shifting priorities and plan effectively
- Someone who can follow instructions and work alone when required
- Can do attitude
- Communicate at all levels due to the extensive liaison with all departments and senior staff
Salary: £25k per year – Plus benefits
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.