Lead Talend Developer
3-6 Month Contract.
The Group Application Team are responsible for the delivery of technology enabled business transformation projects across the organisation. These projects include high-profile, ‘front of house’ solutions such as CRM, the replacement and enablement of core ‘back of house’ MIS applications, and to develop and enforce data integration processes within a defined framework.
The Integration Centre of Excellence (ICE) team is one of the most important data transformation programmes underway today and will enable business data integrity and consistency.
To achieve this, our client follows Talend integration design patterns for all its jobs, which ensures robustness, job reusability, and reduce brittleness (impacting other jobs in a negative way)
Reporting into the Global Data and Reporting manager, the Talend Lead Developer will take responsibility for all existing Talend integrations and design and develop ETL solutions which focuses on moving data from highly diverse data landscapes from all regions.
Working across a variety of cloud environments, your role is to turn business ideas into full data architectures on either existing or new enterprise developments. The ideal candidate has a deep technical knowledge of modern data architecture, Talend Data Platform, and possesses a desire and passion for supporting other members of the team.
- You will be someone who thrives in identifying challenges and delivering improvements, thinks analytically and has great communication skills and work pro-actively to increase knowledge of the business beyond the delivery team.
- You will act as a subject matter expert involved in a variety of projects and someone who enjoys working with a team and mentoring others. You will work closely within our ICE team and engage in project work to understand requirements and to help them to understand at a technical level for an exceptional service delivery.
- You will have worked in a similar role before and are looking to expand your experience and expertise, building on your ideas and experience from previous roles. You will work hard to ensure the correct underlying architecture is adhered globally and work with other teams to build their solutions upon. This will include keeping up to date with the latest ideas and technologies and introducing them where appropriate.
- Work with common version-control systems such as BitBucket or GitHub
- Perform Talend code reviews to make sure they follow the established standards and best practices globally.
- Stay current with vendor/product roadmaps and make recommendations for adoption.
- 3+ years’ experience in a Lead Talend role, and 5+ years’ working from Talend 6.x and more importantly 7.x. in Talend pipeline design and development.
- You will have a solid grounding in Computer Science and Software Engineering principles, either from a formal education background or through extensive experience in your career.
- Be technically strong and be integral to the delivery team by contributing to the success of the business.
- Diverse knowledge of the Talend Data Fabric. Including Data integration, Data integrity, governance, data quality, profiling, ESB, MDM and Application API integration.
- Worked in a cloud platform: Azure, AWS; Snowflake experience would be beneficial.
- Building data solutions involving data architecture, integration, migration, and data analytics.
- Experience with RDBMS platforms, such as SQL Server, Azure SQL database, MySQL, Oracle
- Strong SQL and Java/J2EE skills a necessity
- Design and consume APIs like REST and SOAP.
- Experience of full software delivery lifecycle including capturing business requirements, developing solutions, user testing & training, post go-live support and optimisation.
- Working in an agile methodology environment.
- Administration and ensuring that adequate security procedures are developed.
- Ability to conduct workshops / training programs / support with all questions on Talend to clients / end users.
- Ability to work independently and adapt your style to rapid organisational and software changes.
- Ability to switch gears quickly and work in a fast-paced start-up culture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Use hands-on technology experience to conduct proofs of concept and prototypes to prove out new technology and innovative ideas in search for competitive advantages.
Competencies for the Role:
- Creative thinker, with the ability to proactively identify areas for potential improvement (process and functionality)
- Lead initiatives and solution enhancements.
- Confidence and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- Translate business/operational requirements into effective and efficient systems solutions.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities/complex workload.
- Good communication skills.
- A Global position.
Values Based Behaviours – the behaviours associated with our company values.
- Talend Data Integration Certified Developer / Administrator.
- Talend API Services Certified Developer.
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.