3-6 Month Contract
£15-£16.38 per Hour
Our client is a prestigious college located in the heart of the city centre in Oxford. If you are any experience IT professional who is looking for the fist step into what the university has to offer, read ahead!
The IT officer’s role is to provide customer-focused front line IT support to staff, students, and visitors to the College. This will involve working both within the IT team, under the direction of the IT Manager, and independently in day-to-day activities.
As part of the IT team, you would undertake day to day staffing of the IT office, working with the team to ensure that user requests and incidents are assessed and handled in a timely fashion and escalated as appropriate.
The main duties involve solving users’ problems, providing advice and guidance, supporting AV equipment in meeting rooms and carrying out office administration.
- To work within the IT team in the day-to-day activities during core hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30-4:30, although some degree of flexibility on hours would be possible).
- Provide first and second line user support for hardware and software via telephone, email or in person and ensure queries are dealt with in a timely and appropriate manner.
- To advise students and staff about problems relating to their own equipment where possible.
- Maintain antivirus software and deal with malware and virus infections promptly.
- Ensure that University and College rules and requirements are met relating to data protection or the misuse of computers.
- Assist the IT Manager with other tasks such as network management, software deployment or access control as needed.
- Perform Wi-Fi surveys and help with Wi-Fi equipment installation
- To create and update documentation or training materials for use within college.
- To assist with IT office relocation during the summer vacation.
- To help with setting up computers, cameras, and projectors for use in meeting rooms
- To provide guidance to staff and visitors on using AV equipment.
- Perform testing and maintenance of AV equipment prior to use
- Good working knowledge of desktop and laptop computers running Windows and Mac operating systems, and common application packages including Microsoft Office.
- Good knowledge of wired and wireless network connections and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Windows servers and Active Directory
While this specific role doesn’t necessarily require more advanced skills, knowledge of any of the following would be useful within the team for specific projects:
- Database administration (SQL Server, MySQL).
- Python/PowerShell, for developing and extending internal tools and scripts within the team.
- Automation tools such as MDT and Ansible.
- Knowledge of AV systems, particularly Extron.
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.