Position: 3rd Line Support Engineer
Location: Swindon – Perm
Salary: £30k – 35K plus Benefits.
The 3rd Line Support Engineer will be responsible for 1st, 2nd and 3rd line helpdesk support as well as project & implementations work across the business.
The candidate will become a focal point for escalations from the helpdesk, as well as lead on technical projects and will have a good attention to detail, drive and possess the skills required to communicate at all levels within the business.
Our client operates multiple systems that are going through a significant upgrade. A key focus of the upgrade path is cloud-based technology and resiliency.
- Line management of one FTE, 1st line Helpdesk member
- Contribution to the technical roadmap, working with the IT Manager and other business stakeholders to ensure this is aligned with business needs.
- Act as an escalation point for more challenging issues received by the helpdesk, providing innovative solutions to technical problems.
- Ensure escalated infrastructure and systems helpdesk queries are processed efficiently in line with business expectations.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors for technical resolution and support with implementation.
- Provide ad-hoc out of hours support to the business on an “as and when required” basis.
- Provide and manage documentation of solutions, ensure documentation of resolutions to assist with future fixes.
Experience & Knowledge
- Experience of working in a helpdesk environment providing 1st-3rd Infrastructure support with some knowledge around application support
- A rudimentary knowledge of SQL and database concepts would be a bonus.
- Knowledge and experience of some or all of the following technologies (** – essential)
- Microsoft Server 2003- 2016 **
- Microsoft 365 Administration & Migration **
- Exchange Online and Exchange 2012
- Demonstrable PowerShell skills
- VMware 4.5-6 **
- HP Networking products
- Unify Networking products
- WatchGuard security appliances
- HP Server, SAN, Desktop & Laptop
- Dell Compellent SAN **
- Motorola handheld devices
- Hands-on knowledge in printer repair, thermal, thermal tape, inkjet and Laser
- Epos knowledge
- Experience in managing L1-L3 Networks including MPLS, VPN & ADSL Circuits
- ITIL Awareness
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Possess a flexible approach with good team working skills
- Demonstrates good organisational skills including an ability to prioritise effectively, deliver high quality work to deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Possess the attributes and characteristics to influence change across the business
- Demonstrates resilience and adaptability, ability to work under pressure and with robust characters
- Desire to learn and become an expert in systems-oriented processes and configuration.
- Willing to step-up when required
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.