Our client boasts a 40 year history specialising in precision fabrication and welding for highly-regulated industries. Who due to continued growth are looking to add a Quality Engineer to their experienced & highly motivated team
* To monitor and report on finished goods stock levels against agreed targets
* To help identify, report and implement planning and scheduling process improvements
* To assist in ensuring that clear communications of project timelines, material deliveries, key deadlines or agreed review points, work orders and transport requirements are made available to Production in order to provide on time delivery of each Project, in line with Customer expectations.
* To support the Production Manager in the planning of labour hours against capacity of the Production workforce to ensure efficiencies are maximised and that overtime is planned and accounted for within the Customer quotations prior to agreement
* To monitor stock availability and variances to ensure supplies are available in line with Production planning or to escalate to the responsible lead to establish new delivery dates and adjust plan accordingly.
* To work with the Materials Handlers to arrange inventory cycle counts and ensure the ERP systems accuracy is maintained.
* To become confident in using the ERP system and to support the Planning Coordinator through knowledge of the stock control and production functions within it.
* To receive and enter Sales Orders on to the ERP system in an accurate and timely manner.
* To liaise with the Engineering department to ensure accuracy of any Bill of Materials (BOM).
* To attend the daily Production meetings to explain notable changes and/or issues to the wider team.
* Understand factory safety standards, be able to work safely and be aware of potential hazards in the workplace.
* Follow safety protocol, including wearing PPE – such as, gloves, protective footwear, ear plugs or defenders, where necessary.
* Previous experience within operational planning and scheduling
* Good analytical skills and critical thinking, to enhance Planning effectiveness
* Strong Microsoft Excel skills (further training can be provided where necessary) as well as good knowledge of an ERP system.
* Experience with, or knowledge of, Project Management led planning
- Competitive annual bonus
- Private health care after 12 months
- Holiday increase per year served
Abingdon, Didcot, Wallingford, Oxford, Bicester, Wantage, Oxford, Cowley, Thame, Bicester, Witney, Aylesbury
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.