Our client is an award winning packaging company that have been producing high quality control packaging systems for over 20 years, who due to rapid growth are now seeking to appoint a Industrial Laboratory Technician.
As a CAD Technician you will mainly be responsible for:
- Prepare and generate 3D models from a technical drawing or physical part.
- When required perform modifications to 3D parts and assemblies.
- Build 3D assemblies from technical drawings.
- Create and understand sheet metal parts.
- Prepare and generate 2D technical drawing from 3D models.
- When required perform modification to 2D technical drawings.
- Generate general assembly drawings from 3D assemblies.
- Create manufacturing and client instruction documents.
- Be able to carry out instruction and complete work using Photoshop, Illustrator, Keyshot animation and rendering.
- When required be able to create prototype and modelling.
- To ensure that the company’s Health, Safety and Fire regulations are adhered to at all times reporting any issues immediately to the departments health and safety committee member or line manager.
- To take part in all identified training to ensure skills are in line with the job role and any future changes.
- From time to time, as requested by management it may be necessary to carry our extra duties in addition to those listed.
If you are an experienced Technician and have experience in a similar role within a production facility you should have the following requirements;
- Qualification ideally in an engineering or manufacturing discipline
- Previous CAD design experience
- Good industry experience in using Solidworks.
- 3D CAD experience & skills
Our client prides itself on staff loyalty and has been recognised for offering a competitive benefits package;
– Competitive basic salary
– Pension contribution
– 25 days holiday
Oxford, Long Crendon, Thame, Chilton, Aylesbury, Great Milton, Cowley, Blackbird Leys, Headington
If you feel this role is for you and would like discuss in more detail please contact Jack Gardner on 01865 257 455 or email
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.