POSITION; CNC Operator
SHIFT; Early Shift (Monday – Thursday 5:45am – 1:45pm – Friday 5:45am – 1:00pm – plus overtime/weekend work available)
SALARY; £25,000 – £28,000 per annum
We require a CNC Operator for our client near Abingdon in Oxfordshire, this is a permanent position starting immediately, if of interest.. You will be required to carry out programming and maintaining the ‘CNC controlled flatbed waterjet cutting machines’ (waterjet machines). To efficiently set and operate it in line with business needs
* To efficiently set and operate the waterjet machines in order to produce parts which meet all standards and drawing specifications.
* To be in control of setting, repairing and operating the waterjet machines
* To accurately measure parts using all types of measuring equipment, ensuring all cut sheets are within production requirements.
* To load and unload sheet materials on to the waterjet machine with the aid of vacuum lifters and highlevel cranes
* To manually remove small parts from the cutting bed with the use of hammers and cutting equipment.
* To ensure all equipment is fully maintained and in good working order.
* To carry out any repairs needed on the waterjet machines.
* To be able to convert CAD/CAM drawings into machine software/program
* Experienced in cutting a wide range of materials, predominantly Stainless steel and Aluminium
* CNC waterjet cutting experience however industrial cutting machines, bending machines will be considered
* Capable of reading engineering drawings
- Experience with Machining or a mechanical-centric background with experience in hydraulics, pneumatics and able to do some basic maintenance and fast fixes. In addition, must be able to measure and have experience with a Vernier or Micrometre.
Abingdon, Didcot, Wallingford, Oxford, Bicester, Wantage, Oxford, Cowley, Thame, Bicester, Witney, Aylesbury
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.