Position; Luton Van Driver / Removals
Salary; £12.00 – £13.00 per hour
Our client is looking for an energetic and motivated Luton Van driver to join their team delivering goods to their customers ensuring that every project is completed to the highest standards.
You will be required to deliver goods across the South. You will be required to work with customers face to face and over the telephone ensuring the highest standards are met at all times. Wokring hours are generally from 7am through to 4.30pm Monday to Friday. Hours potentially can vary dependent on different drops and routes. This role does include over night stays for international and long haul routes.
- Liaise with Logistics Manager, Company owners and colleagues to ensure each project is completed to the highest standards
- Ensure all operational activities such as unloading, storing, picking and loading, including heavy lifting of company items are completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Loading and unloading company equipment on and off the Van
- Understanding the daily schedule to maximise efficiency and minimise repeat visits to sites
- Liaising with Warehouse teams to ensure deliveries are made to site in a timely manner
- Ensure vehicles are in a safe condition, with daily road worthiness checks correctly completed before use, and are operated in a safe manner
- Proactively take responsibility for keeping vehicles clean and tidy
- Maintain stock levels of consumable items on van
Applicants should have some knowledge of driving Sprinter sized vans.
The role is not a multi-drop position.
Applicants should have a Full UK driving licence with no more than 6 points. Knowledge of driving a sprinter sized van would be advantageous as well as dealing with customers on a face to face basis.
Manual handling of heavy items will be required on a daily basis so a good level of physical fitness is required.
Flexibility towards working hours as well as being able to use hand tools would be advantageous.
The company offers fantastic training and excellent progression opportunities .
Similar roles; Delivery driver, Driver/Technician, 7.5t driver,
Commutable locations; Didcot, Wallingford, Thame, Abingdon, Oxford, Kidlington, Bicester, Newbury,
If you think the Van Driver role is for you please contact Darren Fuller at Planet Recruitment, or if you would like more information on the role please contact Darren on 01235 608455 or email
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.