Position; General Manager
Location; Didcot, Oxfordshire (Moving to Witney at the end of 2021)
Salary; £40,000 – £50,000 per annum + up to 20% bonus
Planet Recruitment has recently registered an exciting new opportunity for one of our clients in the Didcot, Oxfordshire area on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for managing and directing all aspects of the daily operational side of the business. Managing the growth and development of the business in accordance with business strategies and vision, managing and reporting on the performance of the business against agreed targets.
- Manages day to day business of the Management team and direct reports – overall responsibility for all staff, internal and external, contractors and visitors on site.
- Manage overall performance and reporting against business targets to the Managing Director, including Revenue, Cashflow and profitability targets.
- Deliver Business systems and processes to fulfil the business strategies agreed with the Managing Director.
- Managing the growth, development, and success of the management team
- Management processes – meetings, reporting and targets.
- Deliver Problem solving, solutions and initiatives.
- Set policies, procedures, and processes.
- Supporting the management team to manage departmental staff.
- Coordinate all activities, decisions, and business-related requirements in the company.
- Managing budgets, spending, income, and efficiency, ensure all activities are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective manner.
- Communicates with all relevant employees to ensure delivery tasks are met.
- Plans, schedules, and reviews workload and manpower to make sure targets are being met on a cost-effective basis.
- Overall responsibility for stock control and checking that inventory records are accurate.
- Ensures the effective use of team to ensure orders are delivered on time.
- Creates a detailed schedule based on strict deadlines.
- Ensures that the appropriate equipment, technology, and systems are available to the business to meet business targets.
- Overall responsibility for safe working, environment and that health and safety regulations are followed.
- Improve management systems, processes, and best practices.
- Overall responsibility for purchasing materials, plan inventory and overseeing warehouse efficiency.
- Manage budgets and forecasts.
- Overall responsibility for quality internal/ external, customer service and performance.
- Overall responsibility for recruiting, training, developing and supervising staff.
- Raises and tracks issues and conflicts, remove barriers, resolve issues, manage stakeholders, and escalate to Managing Director as required.
- Overall responsibility for setting and maintaining Sustainability targets and CSR activity.
- Implement and maintain a continuous improvement ethos and practice in the business.
- Welfare HR culture – Overall responsibility for staff performance, capability, skills, behaviour, development and training, recruitment, and discipline.
- Overall responsibility for all commercial activities, Sales, Marketing, Advertising, publicity, comms, and PR.
- Manage external teams and outsourced services.
- Proven experience as an Operations/General Manager or similar executive role
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.)
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Business or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
- Ability to delegate responsibilities effectively
- Coordination and delegation of duties
Operations Manager, General Manager, E-commerce
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.