Junior Infrastructure engineer
Salary – £25k-£30k
Location – Milton Park- Hybrid working
Our client has had an opening in their infrastructure team to bring on a junior infrastructure engineer. If you are a 2nd line engineer or a system administrator who is looking to get in an infrastructure role to build a career in 3rd line infrastructure support, then please get in touch.
Our client is looking for someone who is going to grow within the business and develop their skills so that they can flourish in career as an infrastructure engineer.
The Infrastructure Team are tasked with supporting, maintaining, and improving our MSP clients core infrastructure and taking high-level escalations from the support team.
- Manage incident and request tickets ensuring established SLA’s are met
- Provide an escalation point for Desktop Support team
- Monitor and maintain client’s Infrastructure and systems
- Proactively respond to monitoring alerts and notifications
- First point of call for client and internal infrastructure tickets
- Providing support to clients on both infrastructure issues and escalated desktop support issues when required
- Producing and implementing change requests for both internal and external requests
- Monitor dashboards and reporting and respond to situations as they develop
- Communicate daily to clients with open tickets
- Participate in ongoing internal training programs
- Working with client’s 3rd parties suppliers and vendors when appropriate
- Support the delivery of client’s projects
- Maintain infrastructure asset register and configurations
- Travel to client sites as and when required to provide support and/or installations and meetings
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Microsoft Server OS experience and/or certification (management, maintenance and deployment)
- 2+ years experience working with medium to large networks
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Excellent client service
- Positive attitude to work
- Strive to continuous improvement
- Able to work independently under pressure
- Minimum of 2 years’ IT experience in a corporate or services environment
- Driving license and own transport essential
Experience or certification in any of the following technologies
o Watchguard, Fortigate, Sophos, Smoothwall firewalls
o HPE/Aruba, Cisco, Dell switching
o VMWare ESXI & Microsoft Hyper-V
o Ubiquiti wireless
o Mimecast, Barracuda mail filtering
o Veeam Backup & Recover
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.