Role – Network Engineer
Salary – £50-£55k
Location – Aylesbury
Benefits – Private medical care, Paid Overtime, 45p per mile
Our client specialises in IT and OT infrastructure, providing a range of services including architecture, consultancy, managed services and infrastructure and security solutions from our market leading partners including VMware, HPE, Beyond Trust, Veeam, Dell EMC, Unitrends and many more.
What is the purpose of this Role?
As an Infrastructure Specialist you will be critical to the success of the shared Support and professional service delivery functions as you use your excellent time management and technical skills to plan, coordinate and execute activities and requirements as part of the technical operations team delivering projects, incident resolution, system enhancement requests and installations.
- Assist technical Operations team to achieve existing contractual commitments within agreed SLA.
- Liaise with clients, suppliers, and internal team members to deliver the highest standards of Service.
- Follow, create, and maintain all policy, processes, and procedures.
- Provide high levels of service at all times.
- Ensure that incident management procedures are followed and that an incident tracking system is kept up to date
- installation of project initiatives to clients both remotely and on site.
- Pro-actively investigate and resolve any issues and progress them through to resolution.
- Assist with installations of critical security patches for network infrastructure devices.
- Ensure all customer contract commitments are discharged.
- Maintain a proper record of the client networks including network diagrams and equipment configurations
- Acquire knowledge of IEC 62443 and apply to working practice.
- Willingness to travel to client site and install, support network infrastructure
Skills and Experience:
- Technical Network skills (HW and SW) – troubleshooting and installation configuration (Cisco, HPE, Palo Alto)
- MRP – Media Redundancy Protocol – PROFINET, Ring networks – Not essential
- RSTP – Rapid spanning tree protocol
- Awareness of Virtualised environments – Installation, creation, and management (VMware vSphere)
- ISCSI Network switch configuration
- Willing to work towards IEC 62443 cyber security qualification.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability and willingness to create technical and operational documentation
- Minimum of five years in IT technical support
- Knowledge of RMM products desirable (N-Able)
- Friendly, confident, and professional
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed problem-solving skills.
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.