Our client is a world leader in manufacturing switch-gear for a variety of different industries, who due to continued growth are looking to expand their manufacturing team.
- Working with minimum supervision, work in any area of component manufacturing, product assembly, wiring and test as required to meet delivery requirements.
- Carryout component manufacturing, product assembly to meet requirements documented in build instructions, drawings, BOM’s or other related documents.
- Ensure all activities satisfy Lucy quality standards or other applicable standards.
- Set up component manufacturing equipment (including EHRT, Plating line, power presses), product production areas, to ensure it is run efficiently and effectively to meet requirements.
- Maintain a safe, orderly and clean work area.
- Ensure safe working practices are carried out at all times.
- Ensure that all components and products are stored tidily and correctly identified.
- Accurately maintain production records, product records and other records.
- Liaise with Team Leaders and ensure stock levels are kept up to date.
- Ensure equipment is running efficiently/effectively with maximum use of material, resource and time.
- Maintain machinery and equipment as required by TPM programs.
- Alert the Production Manager or other appropriate staff of any plant or equipment maintenance issues.
Experience Knowledge & Skills
- Previous experience setting up and using production equipment and efficiently.
- Previous experience assembling product.
- Can multi task successfully
- Good IT skills
- Ability to interpret BOMs and analyse and work to drawings
- Ability to problem solve process problems and identify root cause and suggest solutions
- Lean / Six sigma qualification and experience
- Knowledge of and experience of using ERP and Teamcenter or other CAD software.
Oxford, Aylesbury, Stadhampton, Long Crendon, Thame, Cowley, Didcot, Abingdon, Kidlington, Bicester
Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.