Our client is an exciting, fast -growing telecommunications company who due to rapid growth are now seeking an Cabling Engineer to join to their team.
As an Cabling Engineer you will be a self-motivated and driven Engineer with a keen eye for quality and someone who takes pride and ownership in their work.
- Install and termination of cable pulling, laying and associated testing, for both copper and fibre including fault finding and proactive resolution.
- Work alongside Project Managers to communicate and discuss how to ensure adherence to project deadlines.
- To read and understand construction drawings and interpret into practical work.
- Reporting back to the Project Manager regarding progress, site delays or issues.
- Attend site briefings and ensure that information and key messages are relayed to the team.
- Supervision of engineers works on site and including point of work risk assessments and toolbox talks.
- On site installation, testing and termination of Cat 5e, 6 & 6a copper and fibre optic cabling & associated containment.
- Containment installation skills to include: Steel wire cable tray, metal conduit, plastic conduit, and plastic trunking.
If you are an experienced Cabling Engineer who is practically minded and is looking to join an innovative company, you should have the following requirements.
- Experience of installation & termination of Data Cabling.
- Hold Current ECS Skills card.
- Excellent attention to detail, sound problem solving skills and analytical thinking with demonstrable experience of delivering action plans to resolve issue and remedy disputes
- Demonstrable experience of reading and interpreting construction drawings including preparing quantities from specifications and drawings
- Considerable experience in installation of cat 5e, 6, 6a and fibre cabling
- Proficient use of cable certification equipment (Fluke or otherwise) to test and produce a set of results for installation
- Can demonstrate excellent customer service skills in a variety of ways including written, verbal over the phone and face to face
- Full driving license.
Our client prides itself on staff loyalty and has been recognised for offering great career progression;
– Competitive basic salary
– Attractive benefits package
Oxford, Chalgrove, Wallingford, Great Milton, Abingdon, Lewknor, Chinnor, High Wycombe, Didcot, Bicester, Witney, Carterton, Banbury,
If you feel this role is for you and would like discuss in more detail please contact Dylan Lallier on 01865 257 455 or email
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.