Role – Internal Systems Consultant
Salary – £35k – £40k
Location – Eynsham
The Internal Systems Consultant is responsible for the support, maintenance, and operation of all aspects of EE’s internal systems and IT provision. The job holder is the escalation point of contact for internal users for ICT support and will be able to communicate confidently and clearly to technical and non-technical users alike.
The job holder will have responsibility for managing and supporting
- Windows laptops and desktops
- EE’s Microsoft 365 environment
- VMWare and HyperV virtualised server environments
- Unify IP telephony
- Xerox Managed Print
- Mobile phones
- Access control systems
- Wired and Wireless networking
- Availability and access to business applications including Sage
- System security including anti-virus protection
The Internal Systems Consultant will manage additions, deletions, and changes in line with the companies ISO9001 and ISO27001 quality and information security systems, as well as maintaining system updates across the estate in line with Cyber Essentials plus requirements.
The job holder will be expected to proactively suggest improvements to monitoring and processes and will work closely with the Technical Systems Manager to develop and improve internal systems in line with evolving company requirements and rigorous security demands.
- To provide an effective communications interface between the users and the various resolving groups within the company
- To ensure compliance with the defined security policies regarding access to the Internal systems
- To ensure that the internal systems uptime is maintained at the required level
- To maintain an accurate asset register
- To ensure all systems and devices are updated and secured in a timely manner
- To ensure that backups and business continuity procedures are adhered to
- To ensure the Change Control Procedure is followed at all times
- To make recommendations on potential improvements to internal systems to improve service levels and security
- To maintain relationships with external suppliers
- To complete additional ad hoc project work, as required
- To ensure all support work undertaken is accurately recorded on the Service Management Systems (SMS), ensuring the SMS is kept fully up to date with the status of each ongoing problem
- The job holder will be required to participate in ‘Out of Hours’ on call rotas and / or 24×7 shift patterns
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Performance Indicators
- Maintenance and Support
- Develop and ensure all customer requests are dealt with expediently and within SLAs
- Ensure the company infrastructure is maintained and supported.
- Ensure that processes, procedures are followed to maintain any compliance requirements.
- Projects and Tasks
- Ensure that your responsibilities are met when working within projects
- Ensure support issues are closed within the SLA
- Ensure assets, asset registers and company information is maintained and up to date
- Ensure that all tasks are completed with reasonable and agreed timescales.
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.