Job Title – IT Security Engineer – MS365
Salary – £30-£40k
Location – Harwell
Our client is the UK’s national synchrotron science facility, located at the Harwell Science and Innovation Campus in Oxfordshire. They are a research and development company that are helping within a range of scientific disciplines from structural biology to chemistry, engineering and earth and environmental sciences.
Provide technical expertise and experience to address many aspects of Information Security across Diamond, including software patching, monitoring IT systems, providing advice, and deploying and configuring MS365 tools and technologies to implement integrated security elements
- Implement software patching for CIT systems
- Work with and support other IT groups [Science, Comms, Engineering] to implement and advise on systems patching
- Review available automated software patching and licensing systems with a view to recommend its use as an automated Diamond wide service
- Monitor, report and manage IT security activities and controls with particular focus on MS365 security
- Participate as required in Project boards, incident management, and work groups to represent IT security providing advice and guidance re security architecture.
- Advise users and IT teams on best practice re IT security issues and controls
- Provide the technical expertise for systems security design
- Monitor and report on IT security compliance, most likely as a regular automated process
- Document IT security policies as required, for example Software patching policy.
- Deploy and configure MS365 tools and technologies to appropriately manage security risks
- Be the focal point for IT security issues and controls for Windows and MS365 environment
- Work with the MS365 Product Owner and Head of Cybersecurity Manager to develop mitigation plans for identified IT security risks
During ’embracing MS365′ project – 2 years approximately
- Assist “product owner MS365” in leading a programme to implement security features of MS365 to provide optimal security for Diamond
- The post will be 40% seconded to the project; during this time the holder will report to the Head of Cyber Security and Information Management
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.