We are thrilled to be working alongside a genuine leader within the medical device design and manufacturing industry, who are looking to expand and add a facilities technician to their team.
- Provide technical and organisational leadership to the Manufacturing Equipment Group, ensuring the delivery of robust assembly, equipment and process solutions
- Develop and manage the Manufacturing Equipment Group of circa 6 Engineers
- Ensure the development, commissioning and validation activities for assembly systems, secondary processes [eg printing, polishing, tapping] and ancillary equipment [eg injection mould machines, conditioning units] associated with activities undertaken by the OTD Group are executed in a compliant, effective and technically robust manner
- Develop systems and processes to streamline and manage the risks of assembly system and manufacturing equipment solutions and deliverables in new projects to facilitate and aid all other functions in delivery of their associated project objectives
- Develop and maintain effective management controls and reporting to communicate and monitor Manufacturing Equipment Group performance
- Provide supervision and support to the Manufacturing Equipment Group Associates in the specification, supplier selection and management, installation, and validation of assembly and manufacturing equipment, systems and processes for all project requirements
- Manage Manufacturing Equipment Group resource, forecasting and meeting requirements to ensure all projects are adequately supported
- Support the Head of OTD in the development of the Annual Operating Plan, working to reduce Manufacturing Equipment Group costs where practical
- Work collaboratively with internal teams (R&D, Operations, Quality, Project Managers, etc) and external contacts (Customers, Suppliers, etc), to ensure that Manufacturing Equipment Group developments are aligned with broader business goals and strategies
- Be accountable for the creation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures and associated guidance documentation related to product handling, manufacturing equipment and assembly processes.
Key skills & experience required;
- A keen passion for technology development within manufacturing equipment, automation and assembly
- Demonstrable experience in Technical Project or Engineering Management with complex assembly equipment within a manufacturing environment
- Strong leadership and management experience and skills
- Recent experience of delivering high value technical projects
- An enthusiastic, positive and influential approach
To be creative, engaging and enjoy keeping up with future technology developments to continuously review and improve processes
- What you can expect;
- 25 days annual leave (with the opportunity to earn loyalty days with length of service)
- Competitive base salary
- Holiday purchase scheme (up to 10 days purchased per holiday year)
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity leave
- Wellbeing initiatives and support
- Annual company bonus
If this role is of interest then please feel free to get in touch with our Engineering Divisional Manager Dylan on 01865 257 455.
Woodstock, Witney, Oxford, Kidlington, Eynsham, Bicester, Banbury, Cumnor, Yarnton, Lewknor, Didcot, Abingdon, Wheatley
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.