Our client is an exciting, fast -growing Manufacturer of bespoke machinery, who due to rapid growth are now seeking an Controls Electrical Design Engineer to join to their team.
As an Controls Electrical Design Engineer you will be a self-motivated and driven Engineer with a keen eye for quality and someone who takes pride and ownership in their work.
- Design and specify control systems and electrical components for industrial automation systems.
- Create electrical schematics and designs within AutoCAD Electrical including layout diagrams, terminal and wiring plans to EU Standards.
- PLC and controls programming of industrial automation systems.
- Create technical specifications, process flow diagrams and plan control system programming architecture.
- Work with the Design and Applications Engineering engineers to provide drawings, specifications and deliver projects on time.
- Co-ordinate suppliers as part of overall project control.
- Help as required for the electrical fitting, wiring of panels and assembly of machine builds.
- Carry out electrical testing procedures on new machine builds.
- Minimum of 3-5 years industry experience in electrical design and PLC/HMI programming.
- HND/C or BEng in a relevant engineering or technical subject
- Experience of planning, developing, programming and testing control systems with PLC automation software on projects from start to finish.
- Experience using Allen Bradley and/or Siemens PLCs, HMIs and control gear.
- Experience and knowledge of designing and creating electrical panel layouts within electrical CAD software.
- Sound understanding of electrical control gear, industrial automation and implementation of communication protocols (Profinet/Profibus, EtherNet/IP, TCP/IP, serial, OPC, IO-link, etc.)
- Experience using Allen Bradley motion control.
- Experience using AutoCAD Electrical.
- Experience of robotics (SCARA, 6-axis, collaborative, Universal Robots).
Our client prides itself on staff loyalty and has been recognised for offering great career progression;
– Competitive basic salary
– Attractive benefits package
Oxford, Chalgrove, Wallingford, Great Milton, Abingdon, Lewknor, Chinnor, High Wycombe, Didcot, Bicester
If you feel this role is for you and would like discuss in more detail please contact Dylan Lallier on email
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.