We are thrilled to be working alongside a genuine leader within the medical device design and manufacturing industry, who are looking to expand their highly innovative and successful engineering team by appointing a Multi Skilled Engineer to carry out repairs and maintenance on manufacturing machinery.
- Provide broad and flexible engineering support to the site based engineering teams, ensuring efficient day to day execution of their objectives
- Carry out escalated repairs on machinery in all areas of the site and liaise with production personnel to minimise downtime
- Continued training and development of Engineers
- Support with planned preventative maintenance if required
- Carry out modifications to manufacturing machines or make minor components to implement machine improvements
- Oversee machine stoppages and ensure required repairs are completed within a timely manner
- Work with Process Improvement Engineers to ensure that corrective actions are put in place to avoid repeated maintenance issues
- Ensure that all repair and maintenance documentation is always maintained with full compliance with all regulatory guide lines and company Standard Operating Procedures
Key skills & experience required;
- ONC or NVQ qualified or equivalent in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Working experience with high speed manufacturing equipment within the medical, pharma or food industry
- Hands on experience with mechanical fitting and adjustments on high speed assembly equipment
- Working knowledge of Pneumatic components and control systems
- Understanding of preventative maintenance procedures, best practices and current safety regulations/legislation’s
- The ability to diagnose and repair detailed mechanical equipment faults
- To make quick decisions under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- To be proactive and work with a sense of urgency to a fast pace
What you can expect;
- 25 days annual leave (with the opportunity to earn loyalty days with length of service)
- Competitive base salary
- Holiday purchase scheme (up to 10 days purchased per holiday year)
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies
- Enhanced Sickness Pay
- Group Life Insurance
- Well being initiatives and support
- Annual company bonus
If this role is of interest then please feel free to get in touch with our Engineering Divisional Manager Dylan on 01865 257 455.
Woodstock, Witney, Oxford, Kidlington, Eynsham, Bicester, Banbury, Cumnor, Yarnton, Lewknor, Didcot, Abingdon, Wheatley
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.