Our client boasts a 40 year history specialising in precision fabrication and welding for highly-regulated industries. Who due to continued growth are looking to add a Assistant Buyer to their experienced & highly motivated team.
- Process Development Projects: You will support and ensure the efficient introduction of new products and processes into manufacturing, on time and within budget to the company’s quality standards and agreed yield and efficiency levels.
- New process projects: Support the interface between design and manufacturing on new product introduction and development, ensuring project timelines are met and the product/process is designed for manufacture (both maintenance and operation)
- Process Design: Design, develop, optimise and maintain processes. Design required jigs and fixtures working within project time and cost targets agreed for new product development.
- Engineering Specifications : Create engineering specifications for production tooling, jigs and fixtures and to ensure smooth communication of requirements to in-house or sub-contractor manufacturing companies
- Process Technology: Evaluate new concepts in relation to processes and manufacturing, in line with the Technology Roadmap and Manufacturing Technology Development Projects. Developing your own expertise in designated area(s), and to share this expertise with others in the business as required
- Validation: Perform necessary, process validations and other quality system documentation requirements to support new product introduction and development.
- Documentation: Prepare required documentation for above thus ensuring smooth transition into manufacturing. Ensure a full history of process and product evolution is documented and maintained, including drawings, sketches, calculations, records etc.
- Compliance: Work in accordance with Company Quality Standards, procedures and processes and comply with the requirements AD Merkblatt,PD5500 and EN13445
Experience & Qualifications required;
- Mechanical engineering degree, equivalent or equivalent experience
- Experience of solid modelling and 3-D CAD systems
- Experience of introducing new component design and utilising different manufacturing technologies.
- Good communications skills
- Ability to manage projects through from conception to implementation, involving customers and suppliers.
- Experience of pressure vessel design
- Experience in designing and implementing New processes
- Experience in designing tooling, jigs and fixtures.
- Experience in creating engineering specifications. (for tools, jigs and fixtures)
- 25 days Holiday + Bank holidays
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Occupational Health Provision
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
If this role is of interest then please feel free to get in touch with our Engineering Divisional Manager Dylan on 01865 257 455.
Abingdon, Didcot, Wallingford, Oxford, Bicester, Wantage, Oxford, Cowley, Thame, Bicester, Witney, Aylesbury
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.