Position; Quality Assurance Engineer
Location; Wallingford, Oxfordshire
Salary; £40,000 circa
About the role;
Planet Recruitment are proud to be working with a fast-growing organisation based in the Wallingford who are seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer on a permanent basis. The control of processes covering raw materials inbound and moulded components throughout the manufacturing facility. Conduct the quality inspection of supplied GRP moulded components and other critical items whilst raising and facilitating corrective actions with the relevant suppliers. Maintaining the company NCR database and supporting with the onboarding of and Integrated Management System ISO 9001/ ISO 14001.
The working hours are Monday to Friday 40 hours per week.
- Maintain an acceptable inspection level on required components at goods inwards.
- Monitor and maintain the goods Inwards QA inspection process to ensure incoming materials meet required drawings and quality standards, whilst ensuring continuity of supply to production.
- Facilitate supplier development activities via supplier visits and audits to support the implementation of corrective actions.
- Recording of all Inspection reports and raising Service Calls
- Reports to enable QA related issues to be clearly identified, tracked, and resolved in a timely manner.
- Review and develop task specific work instructions in conjunction with Product.
- Development and Production support.
- Conduct periodic reviews of shop floor.
- Work instructions to ensure they are well maintained.
- Supporting the Purchasing Team to collect and review supplier metrics with the target of improving supplier performance/ parts delivery into factory.
- Feedback of quality data to production teams by means of regular meetings to include team leaders and supervisors, highlighting areas for improvement.
- Provide information for quarterly reports on QA performance.
- Minimum of three years previous experience in similar QA role within a fast-moving production environment.
- Professional qualifications an advantage.
- A good standard of general education.
- Computer literate in MS Office and Adobe software as well as SAP.
- Experience with QMS procedures.
- Able to read engineering drawings.
- Problem solving skills such as 6S or 8D.
- Understanding and experience of robust QA procedures
- Good communicator (liaise with suppliers, together with being able to follow instructions and communicate instructions clearly)
- Team builder/motivator
- Problem Solver
- Good attention to detail
- Work on own initiative
- Highly organized, can prioritise work well with effective time management skills.
- Can-do attitude
- Good work ethic.
Wallingford, Reading, Didcot, Abingdon, Harwell, Oxford, Chalgrove, Watlington, Thame
Quality, Quality Assurance, Quality Engineer, ISO9001 / ISO 14001
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.