Position; Supply Chain Specialist
Salary; £30,000 per annum
Our well-established client in the Thame area is seeking a Supply Chain Specialist on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will have a wealth of knowledge within the supply chain sector.
- Manage inventory levels utilising a Kanban system, ensuring appropriate levels are maintained to support Production requirements.
- Managing and placing purchase orders with suppliers.
- Review stock availability against build plan to ensure on-time delivery.
- Overseeing the receiving of all inbound deliveries.
- Day to day supervision of supply chain operatives.
- Minimise overstocks, address slow moving stock and coordinating the removal of obsolete stock.
- Maintain and develop supply chain KPI’s and ad-hoc stock reports for supply chain manager.
- Ensure ERP system is consistently up to date with new products and pricing.
- Execute process changes and action short term projects.
- Coordinating cycle counts and stock takes.
- Work closely with operations and engineering on all supply chain related projects/issues.
- Any other additional tasks that are appropriate to the role.
- Previous Supply Chain experience / procurement experience
- Computer literate
- Good reading and writing skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
Supply Chain, Procurement, Production, Logistics
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.