Position; Warehouse Team Leader
Location; Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Salary; £23,000 per annum
Planet Recruitment are seeking 2 x Warehouse Team Leaders for our client based in Milton Park, Oxfordshire. The client operates on either a 8am-4pm or 12pm-8pm Monday to Friday.
- Assist in running an efficient warehouse operation which enables the company to fulfil operational and customer demand and meet set targets
- Train new Warehouse operatives within area of responsibility
- Ensure inventories in area of responsibility are accurate
- Ensure stock movements are recorded accurately
- Support organising and participate in stock takes at regular intervals
- Ensure that any computerised or automated systems are accurate and up to date
- Identify any systems improvements and make recommendations for change
- Where possible resolve any issues or problems which occur in the warehouse
- Assist in planning future capacity requirements
- Ensure that health and safety meet the required standards
- Maintain high standards of security in the warehouse
- Ensure a clean and tidy working environment to aid operational efficiency
- The Team Leader will also be expected to act up for management to cover leave and absence.
- Team Leader skills with the ability to motivate, develop and supervise others
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills, in particular spreadsheets and databases and a knowledge of warehouse systems
- Analytical and numerical
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure / cost of poor quality
- Good planning skills and able to meet targets and deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail skills
Didcot, Abingdon, Milton, Wantage, Wallingford, Oxford, Harwell, Chilton, Cowley
Warehouse, Supervisor, Team Leader, Warehouse Supervisor
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.