£50k – £60K
Benefits : 25 days holiday and mostly home based working, pensions is 5% (TBC) and Private Healthcare
Our Client is a Global business that spans across 13 countries, with all diverse but connected ways of working. This is a role to really make a difference across the world, helping the next generation of students to progress and thrive because of the work you do.
The role of the Principal / Technical lead is to provide clear and documented technical direction and guidance to our development and support teams, whilst also providing technical expertise to users.
The role will play a key part in the technical roadmap for all our education and global corporate systems. The role requires a balance of leadership, architecture, and development skills, to allow delivery of system implementations & improvements beneficial to the business.
Working closely with the development and infrastructure teams, the role will provide guidance on all future technical architecture, design and will be a technical reviewer in the change management process, with shared accountability for the quality of the technical deliverables for the global teams.
- Build a framework of principles to ensure technical & data integrity across the business (including but not limited to ERP, CRM, BI, MIS, Data warehouse, external interfaces etc.)
- Provide technical oversight and act as design authority and provide an assurance role, ensuring that all architecture activities and deliverables (in-house and external outsourced) are produced to a high quality and are consistent with existing standards, policies, and strategies
- Responsible for the definition, design and interpretation of technical architecture artefacts taken from user requirements specifications or in direct discussions with the business users, to create IT solutions architecture to meet business application requirements
- Be responsible for the determination and promulgation of the appropriate: frameworks, libraries, and approach to be adopted, in the translation of this architecture into working code; and to keep these up to date
- Ensure all documentation is kept updated and relevant knowledgebases reflect the latest changes
- Technical lead and escalation point for global System Administrators
- Oversee data import, data cleansing, de-duplication, and data maintenance activities
- Actively participate in critical incidents, coordinating with resolution parties, and establishing effective communication between stakeholders for post-incident reviews
- Ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure
- Undertake system administration of agreed systems.
- Develop and optimise the application landscape.
- Some line management duties may be required from this role.
- To comply with safeguarding policies, procedures, and code of conduct
- To demonstrate a personal commitment to safeguarding and student/colleague wellbeing
- To ensure that any safeguarding concerns or incidents are reported appropriately in line with policy
- To engage in safeguarding training when required
- Extensive experience of systems analysis, technical & security architecture, and design
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of SQL Server (DBA, scripting & maintenance)
- Experienced in API Interfaces, database design, Apache MQ
- Working knowledge of school MIS applications, such as iSAMS, SIMS or Powerschool is a distinct advantage
- Experience of Talend integrations, server management, access, and security
- Hands-on experience with software development and system administration
- Version control & source repositories experience (such as Bitbucket, SourceTree)
- Experience in creating reports in SSRS and data modelling and dashboard creation in Power BI is advantageous.
- Knowledge or experience of any of the following: Azure, Dynamics, NetSuite, Edays is beneficial
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to convey technically complex information clearly and concisely to non-technical staff.
- Excellent customer service and stakeholder management skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making ability
- Must be task and detail oriented
- Ability to quickly establish credibility & foster collaborative relationships across functional and geographically dispersed teams
- Architectural qualifications such as, TOGAF 9 level 1 or 2, or Open Group Certified Architect
- Level 1 or above are highly advantageous
- Remote working supported, with occasional staff meetings, team events and training in London or Milton Keynes
- Flexible working conditions – as you will be interacting with a global audience.
- Some weekend or late-night duties may be required to support maintenance, installations, or upgrades in non-business hours.
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.