Our client are a highly experienced manufacturer who boast over 50 years experience in the design, manufacture, test, install, commissioning and maintenance of high-voltage sub-station protection and control equipment.
Goods Receipt Inspection
- Check paint/fabrication of bought out panels to works instruction and relevant engineering drawings.
- Check contact positions of switches to special order documentation and sketches.
- Check bought out mimic panels for dimension and layout to relevant drawings.
- Checking of any specialist bought out equipment.
- Check tightness of fixings on assembled items.
- Check layout of equipment to relevant engineering drawings and parts list.
- Check fitting of labels to relevant engineering drawings and diagrams.
- Point to point wire check. Checking position, number and colour of connections.
- Check contact position of switches.
- Check colour, rating and fitment of fuse/links.
- Check correct relays and instruments are fitted.
- Check tightness of connections and security of wiring.
- Insulation checks of wiring using 500V meggers and 0 – 5kV insulation testers.
- High voltage insulation tests on pilot wire protection circuits up to 15kV.
- High voltage insulation tests on bushing type insulators and outdoor circuit breakers using 0 – 100kV insulation tester.
- Testing operation of relays/instruments using secondary injection test sets, voltage sources and measuring instruments.
- Testing contact operation of relays using simulators and continuity tester.
- Checking/testing functionality of circuits using schematic diagrams.
- Programming of relays to supplied documentation or schematic diagrams.
- Reporting to the Operations Manager.
- Liaise with all other departments to complete the job.
- Liaise with suppliers.
- Liaise with customers/demonstration of functional testing and factory acceptance tests.
- Raising test documentation. (Product inspection progress/fault sheets and standard test specification).
- Raising goods return documentation for rejected products.
- Raising warehouse acceptance documentation.
- Checking correct drawings are issued to works instruction and correct testing procedure is carried out.
- Raising test certification.
- Raising special test documentation.
If you feel you can carry the above responsiblites and have experience as a Test and Inspection manager please feel free to call our Engineering department on 01865 257455
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.