We are working in partnership with an ambitious and fast-growing manufacturer of pressure vessels, heat exchangers and fabricated equipment, who due to rapid growth and new business wins are looking to expand their highly motivated team & seeking to employ a skilled TIG Welder.
* Perform high quality TIG, MIG, MMA and SAW welds on mild steel, stainless steel, and nickel alloys.
* Work correctly to the parameters of Weld Procedure Specifications.
* Understand factory safety standards, be able to work safely and be aware of potential hazards in the workplace.
* Follow safety protocol, including wearing PPE – such as air fed mask, gloves, protective footwear, ear plugs or defenders
* Gain and keep required welding codes
* Carry out welding tasks to required safety, quality and efficiency standards
Knowledge & skills;
* Coded in TIG and Stick
* MIG experience not essential but advantageous
* Hold or have recently held Welder Qualifications to ASME IX and EN9606-1 standards.
* Confidently use factory equipment such as rotators, manipulators, crane – safely and effectively.
* Accurately read and understand fabrication drawings
Bridgend, Cowbridge, Swansea, St Athan, Barry, Pyle, Port Talbot, Rhoose, Neath
If this role sounds of interest then please click apply or email our Technical Divisonal Manager on or call 01865 257 455
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.