Position; Warehouse Operative
Location; Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Salary; £22,000 per annum
Planet Recruitment have recently registered an exciting new permanent opportunity for a Warehouse Operative on a permanent basis in the Abingdon area. The successful candidate will hold a counterbalance forklift licence along with being computer literate with Microsoft packages and Stock Control software’s.
- Be an effective and efficient recipient of goods through a centralised receipting location at our warehouse.
- Managing (GMP) materials (raw materials and consumables) through receipt, sampling and location transfer.
- Loading and unloading vehicles.
- Ordering and stock controlling of chemicals and consumables.
- Re-distribution of deliveries and control of satellite stores where appropriate, including distribution of materials (chemicals and consumables) between buildings using the company van.
- Filling and disposal of bulk effluent tanks on site.
- Waste handling and sorting for the site, including documentation in accordance with regulations.
- Regular counting and stock checking to ensure effective stock management.
- Managing gas stocks for buildings (including bulk liquid Nitrogen).
- Managing specified areas of the glassware, equipment and chemical stores and support Production and Laboratory requests.
- General warehouse duties as required
- Basic physical fitness
- Computer literate including (Outlook, Word, Excel and stock control software)
- Clean Driving licence
- Must have Counterbalance FLT licence
- Attention to detail especially regarding the completion of documentation
- Some basic chemical knowledge on storage and segregation (desirable)
- Awareness of ADR/CDG Road (desirable)
- Ability to complete tasks to GMP procedures where necessary
- Storage of hazardous substances
- Have a good understanding of all warehouse duties
Abingdon, Milton, Didcot, Steventon, Wantage, Oxford, Harwell
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.