Position; Warehouse Team Leader
Location; Thame, Oxfordshire
Salary; £26,000 per annum
Planet Recruitment have recently registered an exciting new opportunity for a permanent Warehouse Team Leader in the Thame, Oxfordshire area.
About the role;
The successful candidate will be response for managing the team to ensure all goods are received correctly, all processes are followed, stock levels are accurate in the warehouse and on the lines.
- Organise the Materials Team to ensure all daily tasks are completed fully and on time.
- Manage the goods receiving process, ensure all production goods are booked in correctly, any ‘short shipments’ are reported to the Supply Chain team and GRN’s are updated to reflect actual goods received.
- Attend the morning production meeting and report any stock issues.
- Carryout lineside stock counts (audits) and make sure all counts are up to date.
- Ensure Kanban cards and audit sheets are passed to the Supply Chain team to arrange replenishment and reordering.
- Set up new stock locations as required in Sage and ensure all materials are stored correctly in their stock locations.
- Mange the Warehouse ensuring a safe, organised, efficient, and tidy environment.
- Ensure the Materials Team are trained for the jobs they perform, are multiskilled to perform all tasks and can cover during holiday and absence.
- Transact all materials correctly between stock locations and to the shopfloor.
- Manage the cycle counting process in the production warehouse making sure counts are up to date.
- Ensure daily checks are completed on all lifting equipment and Forklift trucks as required before use.
- Ensure all stock located in racking and is stored in a safe manner according to the SWL of the beams.
- Identify areas for improvement in efficiency, Health and Safety or other areas, and escalate to line management.
- Ensure team members follow the relevant company policies, procedures and practices as defined by management.
- Carryout monthly racking inspections, report any damage to the Health and Safety Manager and arrange for rectification.
- To carry out all reasonable tasks assigned by your line manager
- Adhere to all company Health and Safety policies ensuring safe working practices are carried out at all times.
- Previous Warehouse management experience
- Must have experience using an MRP / ERP system in a warehouse environment
- Has experience of using materials processes including Goods receiving, cycle counting, and transacting goods between stock locations
- Must have experience of man management, delegating jobs and organising team members
- Has a proven track record of multi-tasking
Thame, Oxford, Wheatley, Aylesbury, Long Crendon, Aston Clinton, Chalgrove, Chinnor
Warehouse Team Leader, Production Team Leader, Warehouse Management, Production
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.