Job Title – Web applications Development Manager
Salary – £50k-£60k
Location – Remote – London Travel Occasionally
Benefits – 25 days holiday, Private healthcare, Professional development
Our client is a Global business that spans across 13 countries, with all diverse but connected ways of working. This is a role to really make a difference across the world, helping the next generation of students to progress and thrive because of the work you do.
As an application Development Manager, you will be responsible for management of the websites, integrations, and support & development for your service lines. Reporting to the Director of Global Applications, you will be accountable for ensuring that web application services are seamlessly delivered to our business customers. The Application Development Manager will work collaboratively with Product Owners, team managers, and external business and IT stakeholders to ensure service excellence is delivered in line with customer expectations as agreed within existing application service descriptions.
- Responsible for working closely with the Product Owners, Project Managers, and senior stakeholder to manage the product backlog, refine priorities, manage risks and agree business requirements
- Manage the website estate, architecture, integration, support & development teams (onshore & offshore) by providing leadership and direction, motivating their performance, and creating loyalty and retention.
- Maintaining high performance levels for BAU, service-related processes, and implement improvement activities where necessary to maintain zero major system outage during business hours.
- Have accountability for the overall website and integration delivery and integration of requirements.
- Work closely with development and project teams to ensure readiness for BAU
- Take ownership of critical incidents, coordinating with resolution parties, and establishing effective communication between stakeholders for post-incident reviews
- Accountable for compliance with company standards (legal, commercial etc) through the delivery process
- Ensure that systems, procedures & methodologies are in place to support outstanding service delivery
- Take an active approach for monitoring, service reviews and service improvement (using ITIL standards)
- Experience of WordPress multisite network experience, WP-CLI, WP Themes & Plugin development
- Experience & knowledge of PHP back-end development and MySQL database structure
- Experience in managing integrations (such as Talend)
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML), code versioning tools including Git, GitHub
- Experience in managing projects, leading developers to deliver IT solutions and provide support/BAU
- Demonstrate experience of staff management ideally in a global setting and cross functional teams
- Demonstrable stakeholder management skills including examples of negotiation
- In-Depth knowledge of escalation procedures, Incident Management and other disciplines related to Service Delivery (e.g., monitoring, escalating and resolving issues)
- Experience in dealing with third-party provided services including outsourced / augmented teams
- Knowledge of CICD and DevOps is advantageous
- System operations knowledge, including ITIL and management of infrastructure change
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to convey technically complex information clearly and concisely to non-technical staff.
- An understanding of testing activities is advantageous
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.