Role – IT 1ST Line Technician
Salary – £23k-£27k
Location – Ascot
Our client is looking for an 1st Line IT engineer to come in onsite to help provide support to the day to day and support to the events that are placed onsite. The client hosts large social events all year round that are talked about and viewed all over the country. This role offers a lot of exposure to new technologies for someone in a 1st Line position, allowing them to progress soon.
This position will have a key role in the day-to-day support of the clients Tech helpdesk, which services approximately 200 users and covers all areas of Technology for the site. There will be involvement in Technology projects in line with the changing needs of the business. There is no line management or budgetary responsibility included in this role. Support Technician
- Provide a consistently high quality and professional customer service to the client’s business in all areas of Technology.
- Be the first point of contact for general support and monitor, respond, resolve & document Tech helpdesk tickets.
- Own day to day functions within the Tech Helpdesk (including but not limited to):
➢ Set up and administration of user accounts.
➢ Asset management including upkeep of the Technology asset database
➢ Set up, distribution and maintenance of all user hardware devices
➢ Configuration and deployment of company software applications
➢ Liaise with 3rd parties to maintain, troubleshoot, and fix issues with company assets.
➢ Installation and troubleshooting of site wide resources.
- Participate in major Technology projects and own relevant project tasks.
- Support senior members of the Technology team
- Produce and maintain concise documentation on systems and procedures for the benefit of the Technology team and client’s employees.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working in a multi-disciplined team.
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer or similar
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues relevant to the role
- Able to administer Active Directory to a good level
- Ability to work under pressure in customer facing scenarios
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on urgency and importance
The jobholder should understand our values and promote the client as a first-class leisure venue and to ensure that all customers receive the best possible level of service.
- Original: Lead the way
- Uplifting: Make every moment delightful
- Elegant: Take care of the detail Support Technician
The jobholder should possess core competencies to enable them to promote the client as a first-class leisure venue and to ensure that all customers receive the best possible level of service.
- Customer service
- Technical Understanding
- Oral and written communication
- Creativity and innovation
- Attention to detail
- Logical thinking
- Keen interest in Technology
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.