Position: 2nd Line Engineer
Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Salary: £25k – £32k plus Benefits.
Our clients aim is to provide the best-in-class technology & IT Support solutions to support businesses in Oxfordshire and surrounding localities.
We have a keen eye for innovative solutions that benefit our clients, accompanied by a wealth of experience with both small and large businesses. Our team of experts have customers spanning a range of industries including; Healthcare, Education, Legal, Financial, Engineering, Manufacturing, Distribution, Telecommunications, Architectural, Design & Public sectors.
In every engagement we strive to tailor each IT solution individually for the business needs, maintaining our values to deliver the best customer experience.
The Desktop team are tasked with supporting, investigating, and resolving our MSP client’s IT related systems and making sure all issues are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Being the first point of contact for all incoming support calls, emails, and sessions – when necessary
- Being an escalation point for all escalations coming from apprentice, and 1st line, engineers
- Ensuring all forms of support call are logged in the system and the client is kept updated
- Manage incident and request tickets ensuring established SLA’s are met
- Providing support to our clients
- Help the Helpdesk Management Team with continued business improvements
- Provide support to the apprentice, and 1st Line, engineers
- Manage/Maintain all escalations from the apprentice, and 1st line, engineers
- Communicate daily to clients with open tickets
- Managing the client’s expectations with ongoing tickets
- Ensure all client related problems are logged correctly
- Inform the Desktop Team Lead of any tickets requiring escalations
- Working with client’s 3rd party suppliers and vendors when appropriate
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Ensuring that all role related KPI’s are met
- Logging, managing, and resolving client IT issues
- Maintain desktop asset register and configurations
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business
- Excellent knowledge in Windows 7/8/10 installation and configuration
- Good knowledge with MacOS installation and configuration
- Exposure to Email Management/Configuration – Exchange 2013/2016, Office365, etc
- 2+ years’ experience working with medium-large businesses
- Ability to learn on your feet
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Excellent client service
- Positive attitude to work
- Strive to continuous improvement
- Able to work independently under pressure
- Minimum of 2 years’ IT experience in a corporate or services environment
- Driving license and own transport
- Exposure to Microsoft Server OS – 2008/2012/2016
- Comptia A+
- Comptia N+
- Wireless management – Ubiquiti, Meraki, Netgear, etc
- Mimecast, Barracuda, Sophos Email Gateway
- Group policy management – deployment or management
- Training and progression
- Team events
- Annual increments are subject to achieving performance management targets.
- Private Health care after a year of service
- 25 days Annual leave per year.
- 35k – 45K depending on experience.
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.