2nd Line Technical Support Engineer
Milton Park, Abingdon
Who we are
Our client are a local Internet, Telecoms and IT Support provider based in Milton Park. We are the telecoms and internet provider of choice for many businesses around Oxfordshire due to their extensive knowledge and 30 + years of experience. We offer strategic business solutions and a wide range of services to businesses within Milton Park, Grove Business Park, Harwell Campus as well as catering for businesses in other locations.
Our client deals with all aspects of IT, are ISO accredited so attention to detail and documentation is crucial.
About the role
* Sector: IT
* Contract type: Permanent
* Salary: Negotiable on experience
Our ideal candidate will have We’re looking for an all-rounder with experience in Windows Server networks, Exchange Server, on-premise and O365/Azure, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy. HyperV and SQL knowledge would be a plus. General Experience with Windows 10 Desktop environments and Microsoft Office. Some iOS/Android/Mac/ Linux knowledge would be good.
An ideal candidate should have some knowledge of IP, understanding internal & external IP address range types is expected, along with basic subnetting & routing is advantageous.
We would expect that you have experience of dealing with the usual network peripherals, firewalls, routers etc.
The ability to inspire confidence in clients, meet deadlines, and be responsible for the dayto-day support requirements of the clients and the network. Excellent written & verbal communication skills are a must, with documentation of activities in our Issue Management System.
* 2nd Line Telephone & Remote Access Support to CTS Group clients
· Server administration
· Solving user problems /answering queries /basic user instruction
· New user& application setups
· Day-to-day user / systems support (printer installs, etc.)
* Providing support to CTS Group consultants
· Web based ‘Manufacturer Knowledge Base’ investigations
· Providing applications & patches
* Providing in-house technical support to CTS Office employees
· Workstation troubleshooting
· training & answering queries (re: MS Office based apps.)
· In-house server /network troubleshooting
* Escalation of client requests (systems development & sales) to consultants/account managers.
* Occasional on-site support / delivery of goods & services to clients, site auditing & fact-finding visits
* You will be need to demonstrate the relevant criteria whilst also bringing your own passion and ideas to the Company Directors and clients alike.
* Proven experience in a support role, ideally in a client facing environment. In-depth troubleshooting experience. – 3+ years
* You will need to be a highly organised individual with the ability to work under pressure.
* Proven experience of logging work time in a ticketing system.
* Company Pension
* Bike to work scheme
* On-site parking
* 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
* Birthdays off and Xmas shopping day
* Annual and Quarterly employee recognition awards – with prizes
* Bonuses reviewed annually
* We also have company food days and social events
* Being based on Milton Park means you can get involved in the events, clubs and classes available in the workplace. * Working Hours: Monday to Thursday 9.00am – 5.30pm and Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm To be considered for this position, you should have a good technical knowledge with a keen interest to learn. Please send your CV and cover letter to be considered for the role.
Work remotely: * No
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.