3rd Line IT Support Engineer
£35,000 – £40,000
Our client are a local Internet, Telecoms and IT Support provider based in Milton Park. We are the telecoms and internet provider of choice for many businesses around Oxfordshire due to their extensive knowledge and 30 + years of experience. We offer strategic business solutions and a wide range of services to businesses within Milton Park, Grove Business Park, Harwell Campus, Leeds, Birmingham as well as catering for businesses in other locations.
About the role
- Sector: IT
- Contract type: Permanent/Onsite
- Salary: up to £40k per year
We’re looking for an all-rounder who has a comprehensive knowledge of Networks, with years of experience with on-premises Windows Server networks, and on-premise Exchange Servers, Active Directory & Group Policy. SQL knowledge would be a plus, as would Azure or other cloud services. General Experience with Windows 10 / Office 365 Desktop environments.
Standard IP knowledge of internal & external IP address range types is expected, along with basic subnetting & routing. We would expect that you have experience of dealing with the usual network peripherals, firewalls, routers etc. Cisco experience would be a plus.
The ability to inspire confidence in clients, meet deadlines, and be responsible for the day to-day support requirements of the clients and the network.
Excellent written & verbal communication skills are a must, with documentation of activities in our Issue Management System.
NB: The Candidate must be willing to take on 1st and 2nd line duties when the business requires them to do so.
- Solving user problems /answering queries /basic user instruction
- New user & application setups
- Day-to-day user / systems support (printer installs, etc.)
- Providing support to client consultants
- Web based ‘Manufacturer Knowledge Base’ investigations
- Providing applications & patches
- Providing in-house technical support to client employees
- Workstation troubleshooting
- training & answering queries (re: MS Office based apps.)
- In-house server /network troubleshooting
- Escalation of client requests (systems development & sales) to consultants/account managers.
- Occasional on-site support / delivery of goods & services to clients, site auditing & fact-finding visits
- To ensure our network is managed and maintained
- To collaborate with clients and suppliers to resolve issues and project manage all projects
- To ensure all changes to the network are documented through our Change Management Process in line with ISO 27001 and ISO 9001
- To contribute to the improvement of processes and be a key member of the team in bringing new technology to the company and our customers through research and deployment
- Troubleshoot issues efficiently while effectively communicating to all parties
- 3rd line support to staff and customers
- Provide guidance and mentoring to other engineers and admin staff. Supporting the design, implementation of the business and network alongside the Technical Director.
- Occasional out of hours work required
- Driving licence required – Company vehicle for site visits.
You will be needed to demonstrate the relevant criteria whilst also bringing your own passion and ideas to the Company Directors and clients alike. Some of the key skills you will possess but are not limited to:
- Proven experience in a support role, ideally in a client facing environment. In-depth troubleshooting experience. – 5+ years
- You will need to be a highly organised individual with the ability to work under pressure.
- Proven experience of logging work time in a ticketing system.
- Project management of IT with a desire to take ownership of all projects advantageous.
- Some Networking experience desirable. Knowledge of multiple network technologies (subnetting and routing, IP, Ethernet, Switching, VPN and Firewalls etc..)
- Proven experience in 3rd line support in a client facing environment.
- Company Pension
- Bike to work scheme
- On-site parking
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays) 3
- Birthdays off and Xmas shopping day
- Annual and Quarterly employee recognition awards – with prizes
- Bonuses reviewed annually
- We also have company food days and social events
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.