Role: System 3rd Line Systems Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity for a 3rd Line Systems Engineer to work in a Service Support Team supporting a mix of education and commercial customers.
The role involves providing support for customers’ on-premises physical and virtualised Windows environments, EE’s Freedom Cloud hosted customers, and customers hosted in Microsoft Azure.
The nature of the role will require flexible working, and the job holder should be prepared to undertake paid overtime in evenings and weekends if required.
- To provide a professional technical advisory, diagnostic and repair support service to the customer within a Service Team, via telephone, email, and remote support.
- To manage all incidents within agreed SLA timescales, escalating where required ensuring that timescales are met.
- To ensure all support work undertaken is accurately recorded on the Service Management Systems (SMS), ensuring the SMS is kept fully up to date with the status of each ongoing problem
- To support junior team members in the resolution of incidents.
- To operate in according with all processes and procedures and to ensure compliance with the defined security policies regarding access to the System Support area and any supported systems.
- To achieve and maintain Microsoft / other vendor certifications.
- Occasional requirement to attend customer sites to assist with technical issues or project work.
- To complete additional ad hoc project work, as required.
- To assist the Services management team by carrying out reasonable requests for additional duties as and when required.
- To make recommendations on potential improvements to working practices and performance to improve service levels and customer satisfaction.
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience working within a support or hosting operations environment
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office 365 and Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Good working knowledge of:
- Veeam and other 3rd party backup technologies
- Virtualisation technologies including VMWare and HyperV
- VLANs and VPN configuration
- Server based client services (DHCP, DNS, NPS)
- PowerShell scripting
- SAN technologies
- Server & Infrastructure hardware
- VMWare Certifications
- Experience supporting Fortinet / Cisco firewall solutions
- Microsoft Certifications
- Experience supporting Microsoft Azure
- Working knowledge of Apple OS X and IOS
- Good working knowledge of Imaging and Deployment Tools including SCCM, Intune, Autopilot
- ITIL Foundation v3
Interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Pro-active approach to work
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical users
- Able to work unsupervised using your own initiative
- Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in software and hardware
- Full clean UK driving licence (desirable)
The team currently work a staggered start (shift) pattern to cover Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 6.00pm (excluding bank holidays) with each team member working 37.5 hours per week.
Out of hours support will be required on a rotated basis between the hours of 08:00 and 22:00 Monday to Sunday 365 days a year.
Shift patterns starting at 7am and finishing at 10pm are anticipated in the future, with the further possibility of 24×7 cover being required, attracting an additional allowance.
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.