Position: 3rd Line IT Engineer
Basis: Full Time
Our client is seeking an ambitious individual who wants an opportunity to launch their IT career; with opportunities for training, qualifications, personal development, and real responsibility for delivering excellent quality IT solutions and support for our customers
The role of 3rd Line Support Technician based in Didcot, Oxfordshire offers variety and challenges with each customer being unique and expecting excellent levels of service. The role includes:
- Delivering IT infrastructure projects
- Logging, managing, and resolving customer IT issues
- Remote and on-site support
- Contribute to ongoing internal training programs
- Keep up to date with developments of our client’s portfolio of products and with wider technology trends
- Individual self-study to achieve and maintain industry accreditation
- Interacting, Supporting, and presenting to new and current IT Service customers
- Working closely with the Sales team to support and solutions for all customers
Applicants for this 3rd Line IT Support Technician role should be ambitious individuals with a strong work ethic and desire to learn. You must relish having real responsibility and a desire to earn qualifications and further your career. This is a dynamic position within a fast-growing organisation.
As a 3rd Line Support Technician, you will be joining a growing and experienced team in supporting a wide variety of technologies. This is a customer facing role, candidates must be highly presentable and possess excellent face to face communication skills when needed.
The right candidate must have the following:
- Minimum of 6 years’ IT experience in a corporate or services environment
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Provide high level of support for existing customers
- Administration of Microsoft operating systems and applications (Office etc.)
- Microsoft domain infrastructure; Exchange, group policy, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory etc. 2008 – 2016
- Good written and spoken English
- SCCM experience
- Extensive experience of virtualisation technologies, e.g. VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix
- HP, Dell Hardware experience
- MCP or equivalent qualification(s) preferred (or working towards them)
- Extensive LAN/WAN infrastructure knowledge and experience
- Android/IOS support
- All cloud technologies
- AD and Email Migration Knowledge
- Active Directory and Outlook
- Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10
- Office 2010/13/16/365
- Ability to work independently under pressure
- Driving license and own transport essential
The following skills are desirable:
- Linux systems
- Unix Environment
- IT procurement / IT Cost saving initiatives
- Software development
- Training and progression available
- Annual increments are subject to achieving performance management targets.
- 5hrs per week
- Private Health care
- Annual increments are subject to achieving performance targets.
- 20 days Annual leave per year.
- 35-40k depending on experience
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.