Our client is a world leading high technology company who designs and manufacturers imaging systems.
As an Applications Engineer you will mainly be responsible for developing processes and techniques for specific applications and customer requirements.
- Contributing to R&D projects targeted at commercially valuable applications, often grant funded. This may involve running trials and evaluations at other sites and with partner organisations
- Helping in the test, installation and support of systems world-wide.
- To work on other applications or be deployed to other parts of the business as needs dictate.
- Production of Sub-Contract samples and production parts together with reports.
- Ensuring that the quality of the parts produced meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Supporting the sales team with technical advice and helping as required in face to face meetings with customers.
The role will suit a graduate with an appropriate academic background who is keen to develop a career in hi-tech industry.
BSc degree or higher in Lasers/ Optical Engineering, Physics, Engineering or similar qualification plus equivalent practical experience. A laser related postgraduate qualification (MSc, PhD) would be an advantage
* Prior practical experience with laser applications development in an industrial environment, especially micromachining is a clear advantage
* Knowledge in some of the following – High average power ultrafast laser systems and their characterisation – High speed laser processing
* Excellent oral communication, technical writing and presentation skills desirable
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task and superb time-management skills
* Demonstrated experience in project management or customer support
* Industrial experience preferred, ideally in the field of laser or laser systems
Our client prides itself on staff loyalty and has been recognised for offering a competitive benefits package;
– Competitive basic salary
– Private healthcare
– Pension contribution
– 25 days holiday
Oxford, Didcot, Abingdon, Harwell, Culham, Sutton Courtney, Chilton, Chalgrove, Faringdon, Wallingford
If you feel this role is for you and would like discuss in more detail please contact Dylan Lallier on 01865 257 455
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.