Our client boasts a 40 year history specialising in precision fabrication and welding for highly-regulated industries. Who due to continued growth are looking to add a Assistant Buyer to their experienced & highly motivated team.
- Coordinate the contracting, sourcing and buying of quality components and materials used in product manufacture. Carry out regular visits to maintain standards and resolve supplier issues
- Assist Risk Mitigation plans based on Supplier performance and commercial risk measurements
- Arrange Supplier meetings with minuted actions and responsibilities
- Ensure Supply Agreements and/or Blanket Orders are in place for approved key suppliers.
- Liaise with both Internal and External customers in order to maintain agreed quality standards and delivery dates.
- Facilitate resolution of Quality and delivery issues relating to Goods received
- Drive appropriate initiatives and continuous improvement programmes in order to add value
- Manage smaller spend suppliers and act as a point of contact for all Internal meetings and challenges
- To maintain and or/update system requirements and KPIs to monitor progress against targets
- Support cost reduction and productivity programmes
- Engage with new Suppliers, managing the transition and implementation from RFQ stage through to delivery
- NPI new business support
- Proven experience in a Procurement role within a manufacturing environment.
- Contract negotiation
- Creative and innovative attitude
- Strong analytical approach
- Understanding of manufacturing
- Experience with an ERP based Materials Management system
- CIPS qualified (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) or equivalent. Desirable but not essential
- Competitive annual bonus
- Private health care after 12 months
- Holiday increase per year served
Abingdon, Didcot, Wallingford, Oxford, Bicester, Wantage, Oxford, Cowley, Thame, Bicester, Witney, Aylesbury
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.