Position; COMMIS CHEF
Salary; £19,000 – £20,000
We have an excellent oppurtunity for a Commis Chef to join our clients oustanding team. Working for one of the Colleges within Oxford you will join the team assisting with up to 300 coves per day.
We will consider cooking experience gained from various backgrounds but it would be desirable to already have NVQ Level 2 in Practical Cookery (or equivalent).
This position operates on an ‘any 5 from 7’ day contract and requires working on a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons and evenings.
- Prepare, cook and assess all dishes before leaving the kitchen, for taste, presentation and food quality,
- Adhere to set procedures for temperatures checks, food labelling and dating, cleaning schedules and hygiene regulations,
- Have an understanding of menu planning and stock controls
- Good communication skills: able to relate well with Staff, Students, Contractors and Suppliers
- A passion for cooking
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills
- Positive and self motivated with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- 38 days holiday per year
- Christmas period closure (Christmas Eve to New Year)
- University pension scheme
- Uniform provided
- Meals on duty
Abingdon, Didcot, Wallingford, Oxford, Bicester, Wantage, Oxford, Thame, Kidlington
Catering, Chef, Kitchen Porter,
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.