Position; Composites Technician / Finisher
Salary; £28,000 – £30,000 per annum
About the role;
Planet Recruitment are proud to be working with a fast-growing organisation based in the Wallingford area who are looking for a Composites Technician / Finisher. The successful candidate will be responsible for finishing of GRP mouldings for use in boat construction. Trimming, preparation, polishing, gel coat repairs and assembly of moulded components.
- Checking and identifying defects requiring rework
- Repair to gel coat surfaces to remove imperfections/ joint lines from split mould tools.
- Fairing of surfaces
- Polishing of gel coat surfaces to achieve high level of surface finish.
- Trimming of GRP components using air saws, routers and diamond cutting discs, if required
- Sanding and finishing of cut edges using abrasives papers.
- Maintain and promote high standards of workmanship.
- Assist in other areas of the manufacturing process as directed by the Team Leader for this section.
- Assist in the training of personnel including new production operatives as and when required.
- Basic Housekeeping duties, including maintaining a tidy workstation and working area.
- Be accountable for your own work.
- Correct use of PPE.
- Uphold company HSE standards and report any shortfalls.
- Previous experience of finishing GRP or paint finishes/ detailing.
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach.
- Good team player being able to work independently or as part of a team when necessary.
- Able to work to deadlines in a timely manner.
- Previous experience of working within the Marine industry or similar high quality driven industry advantageous but not essential.
Wallingford, Reading, Didcot, Abingdon, Harwell, Oxford, Chalgrove, Watlington, Thame
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.