Our client is an exciting, fast -growing Manufacturer of bespoke machinery based on the outskirts of Oxford, who due to rapid growth are now seeking a Controls System Engineer to join to their highly successful team.
The successful applicant will be delivering the electronics, software and hardware systems required as part of the product development of our new innovative products. To be successful you will thrive on investigating innovative new engineering approaches and strengthen our culture of openness where everyone is encouraged to help their colleagues to contribute to the business success; be open to bold ideas; and have a desire for continued learning whilst focusing on the delivery of results with the wider team. We already have several Programmes/PLCs established that utilise Schneider programming on our systems, you will be responsible for ensuring these system PLC’s run efficiently at our customer sites along with designing future control systems
- Key Control systems engineer for product development of electronic, software and hardware engineering
- Working within a specialised engineering team developing and specifying new innovative products to customer requirements
- Develop and implement the PLC strategy, working alongside the Engineering team and the customer
- Produce electrical operational documentation when required
- Helping assess safety and environmental issues associated with the systems you are delivering
- Helping assess compliance with relevant industrial standards for this field of Engineering
- Investigating and troubleshooting system problems
- Work with suppliers and contractors in the delivery of our products
- Work to engineering deadlines and contribute to overall team objectives success
- Support the creation of a design validation plan for the electrical content of our products
If you are an experienced Controls System Engineer who is imaginative & practically minded and is looking to join an innovative engineering company, you should have the following requirements.
- Degree /HND in Electrical, Automation, Control Systems, electronics or relevant engineering discipline along with Time served
- Electrical background with a focus on controls engineering
- Knowledge of PLC Programming, Allen Bradley or Schneider (or Codesys) is preferable (especially using ST Structured Text and FBD Functional Block Diagram languages).
- Knowledge of industrial communication protocols e.g., Ethernet/IP, Modbus (RTU/TCP), etc.
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative team-work approach —Not afraid to get your message across
- Able to communicate complex electrical engineering issues and present efficiently
- Good standard of technical writing and presentation of results
- A good practical level of electrical engineering will be useful for this role
Our client prides itself on staff loyalty and has been recognised for offering great career progression;
– Competitive basic salary
– Attractive benefits package
Oxford, Chalgrove, Wallingford, Great Milton, Abingdon, Lewknor, Chinnor, High Wycombe, Didcot, Bicester
If you feel this role is for you and would like discuss in more detail please contact Dylan on 01865 257 455 or email
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.