We are proud to be working alongside our client who provides bespoke networking solutions to suit every individual situation
To install, test, commission and maintain network communication systems within industrial, commercial and institutional complexes. These systems comprise of the physical architecture that supports Data, Video and Voice transmission across various Copper & Fibre cable installations.
- Install Copper and Fibre network cables by pulling and laying cables in internal and external locations within a customer’s premises.
- Terminate Copper (Cat5 / CAT6/6a) cables and terminate and splice Fibre Optic cables (single & multimode) at appropriate data sockets / patch panels / distribution points to required standards.
- Using appropriate testers, test all new cable installations and fix any errors that are identified.
- Provide various elements of cable containment, e.g., trunking, conduit, tray work and ducting.
- Build and install Datacoms equipment such as Data cabinets/racks, patch panels, frames and other miscellaneous items including WIFI points, video screens and brackets for CCTV cameras.
- Identify all newly installed cables and provide patching facilities on new/existing patch panels.
- Make good any damage or planned building interventions that have occurred after cable installations.
- Communicating with Persons outside the organisation, representing the company to customers, clients, the public and other external sources.
- Establishing & maintaining interpersonal relationships, developing constructive and co-operative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
- Have a good understanding of the company’s products and services, including how network cabling systems (LAN / WAN / WIFI etc) are designed and installed.
- Ability to read and comprehend network diagrams, works specifications and technical documents.
- Good manual handling and dexterity when handling cables, hand tools/power tools and datacomms equipment.
- A good understanding of copper and fibre cables, being able to identify cable parameters, fire ratings, and cable characteristics for internal and external cable.
- Able to work from height using platforms/towers/ladders including step ladders.
- Able to work in confined spaces such as false floors/ceilings/ loft spaces/underground tunnels.
- Hold a valid Driver’s License
- Hold an up-to-date Criminal Record Check (DBS certificate)
- Ability to follow and comply with the company’s Health & Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Not essential but desired, technical qualification / accreditation to level 3.
- ECS card holder
Witney, Abingdon, Carterton, Long Hanborough, Clanfield, Eynsham, Oxford
If you feel this role is for you and would like discuss in more detail please contact Adam or Jack on 01865 257 455 or email
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.