Position: German Speaking 1st/2nd Line IT Engineer (Remote Working)
Basis: Full Time
Salary/Package: £21-27,000 depending on experience.
Planet IT are seeking an ambitious individual who wants an opportunity to launch their IT career; with opportunities for training, qualifications, personal development and real responsibility for delivering excellent quality IT solutions and support for our customers
The role of 1st/2nd Line Support Technician based in Harwell, Oxfordshire offers variety and challenges with each customer being unique and expecting excellent levels of service. The role includes:
- Logging, managing and resolving customer IT issues
- Remote and on-site support
- Facilitating calls via the hotline system
- Contribute to ongoing internal training programs
- Keep up-to-date with developments of Planet IT’s portfolio of products and with wider technology trends
- Individual self-study to achieve and maintain industry accreditation
Applicants for this 1st/2nd Line IT Support Technician role should be ambitious individuals with a strong work ethic and desire to learn. You must relish having real responsibility and a desire to earn qualifications and further your career. This is a dynamic position within a fast growing organisation. As a 1st/2nd Line Support Technician you will be joining a growing and experienced team in supporting a wide variety of technologies. This is a customer facing role, candidates must be highly presentable and possess excellent communication skills when needed.
The right candidate must have the following:
- Minimum of 1 years’ IT experience in a corporate or services environment
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Provide high level of support for customers
- Administration of Microsoft operating systems and applications (Office etc.)
- Good written and spoken English
- Lenovo, Dell Hardware experience
- Android/IOS support
- Active Directory and Outlook
- Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10
- Office 2010/13/16/365
- Ability to work independently under pressure
The following skills are desirable:
- MAC Environment
- Microsoft domain infrastructure; Exchange, group policy, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory etc. 2008 – 2016
- MCP or equivalent qualification(s) preferred (or working towards them)
- Driving license and own transport essential
- Training and progression available
- Annual increments are subject to achieving performance management targets.
- 5hrs per week
- Private Health care
- 20 days Annual leave per year.
- 21-27k depending on experience
Why Planet IT?
- A dynamic, young, successful and friendly environment who actively promote career progression
- A thorough and continuous training program
- The opportunity to progress your career within an ever expanding company
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.