Cyber Security officer
Hatfield – Haywards heath – Hybrid
£45k – £50k
A group role leading on the end-to-end internal and external Cyber Security requirements within in Air Business. This role is to manage a leading Security Operations Centre in conjunction with the Air Businesses Cyber Security Partner.
The role will involve leading on the IT cybersecurity accountability support to the IT teams and the overall business. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for supporting audit and compliance requirements across Air Business Distribution and Air Business Subscriptions.
A hands-on role that will be working closely with people across the business on a combination of strategic and operational projects to identify and develop defences to support the organisations IT security. Working alongside and reporting to the ABD IT Systems Manager, ABS Head of IT Operations and SOC partner the role also requires supporting cybersecurity for a wide area of technical systems and software solutions, as w ell as reporting on the cybersecurity environment, threats, vulnerabilities, trends and advising and implementing technical solutions and processes to ensure best possible cybersecurity for the company.
- Support the IT Systems Manager & Head of IT Operations in the management of the Group IT security policies and procedures, technical security designs, standards, and support policies
- Work with a group wide hybrid SOC with a designated partner and improve the security operation process
- Act as high-level security incident escalation point for Air Business
- Lead security investigations and corresponding remediation tasks
- Supporting the organisation’s security strategic framework and implementation plan, including management of the Information Security Management System
- Set up, define, and own IT security incident management processes
- Staying alert and informed on national/international cyber security alerts and advise on any implications this may cause the organisation
- Set up and lead internal working groups to manage Access Control, ensuring that security permissions, groups, users, and other permission entities are kept in accordance with company policies
- Review and update security technologies and frameworks
- Own Cyber Security Awareness campaigns including defining the content, defining, and measuring metrics, and demonstrating the effectiveness of awareness activities
- Ensure that in-house, cloud and application systems are fulfilling the security standards
- Have a practical understanding of the latest information technology security trends, threats, advising the business of the best approach and taking the lead in preventing and resolving cybersecurity threats
- Able to understand, assess, prioritise, and resolve risks to the company and to the IT systems, within security and technology areas. Work closely with all departments in ensuring good cybersecurity practice across the company, including in office and warehouse environments, remote sites and for employees working from home
- Alongside the IT Systems Manager, Head of IT Operations, and partner SOC, support the outcomes of internal and external IT audits and certifications. Respond to identified areas of improvements from audits and certification reviews, advising on practical approaches, implementing solutions, and reviewing the implemented solutions and processes regularly
- Support the Data Protection Officer & Privacy Managers in implementing GDPR requirements, including Right to be Forgotten Requests, Subject Access Requests, responding to tender documents and supporting security in all data flow processes and policies
- Technical system configuration and system hardening, management of firewall rules, networking, penetration testing, analyzing log files and anti-virus solutions. Manage anti-virus implementation, patching and security configuration for cloud systems, servers, workstations, applications, mobile and other devices and ensure all are kept up to date in accordance with the IT Security Policy
- Manage vulnerability scanning solutions, including internal and external penetration and vulnerability testing. Resolve identified vulnerabilities and report on status
- Review and manage CCTV systems and access to data in accordance with company policies
- Respond to cybersecurity incidents in conjunction with the IT Systems Manager, Head of IT Operations and SOC Partner
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.