We are proud to be working alongside an award winning organisation that supply local bus & coach services, who due to expansion are looking to add a HGV Mechanic to their highly successful engineering team in Oxford OR Didcot.
- The inspection, diagnosis, maintenance and repair of all company vehicles including buses, vans and coaches
- Work effectively unsupervised and often with only an outline brief, using specialist or practical skills to complete a timely solution
- Receive, handle safely, store or deploy materials appropriate to the task being undertaken
- Diagnose vehicle faults, using diagnostic equipment
- Undertake mechanical, electrical and some minor body repair. 6. Road test Company vehicles (licence permitting)
- Supply own hand tools and take responsibility for specialist tools, materials etc that are used and observe a duty of care for all other items within the department
Skills & experience required;
- City and Guilds, Level 3 NVQ or equivalent
- Knowledge and previous experience of vehicle bodywork repairs and maintenance procedures, ideally on HGV, PCV or Buses
- Awareness and understanding of risk assessment, Health and Safety practices and Department of Transport standards
- Knowledge of manual handling regulations
- Computer literate with working knowledge of relevant packages
- Analysing and fault finding
- Bus body work
- Basic vehicle electrics
- Relevant knowledge of all types of vehicle operated by the Company
Benefits & hours;
Salary – £19.00 per hour Monday to Friday, £21.85 Weekends
Hours – Average 50 hours per week worked on a rota basis, which could include weekends and public holidays
Holiday – 20 days holiday + Bank holidays
Oxford, Didcot, Abingdon, Milton, Chalgrove, Thame, Aylesbury, Cowley, Cumnor, Eynsham, Kidlington, Botley, Harwell, Reading, Sutton Courtenay
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.