Position; Hotel Receptionist
Location; Oxford (City Centre)
Salary; £20,000 – £22,500 per annum
Planet Recruitment have recently registered an exciting opportunity for a well-established organisation based in the city centre of Oxford, Oxfordshire area.
- Provide accurate information and appropriate assistance to members and to Conference delegates and visitors.
- Check in guests and receive/process cash or card payments.
- Communicate effectively with other Receptionists to ensure the smooth operation
- Operate the telephones; answer telephone enquiries and make a record of telephone messages
- Process incoming and outgoing mail via Royal Mail and operate the mail franking machine. Transport any mail in a timely manner. Arrange for any couriers or special deliveries etc, as and when appropriate.
- Assist the Buildings Manager to maintain forwarding addresses of junior members in residence and living out of Oxford.
- Book seminar rooms for internal meetings
- Deal with B&B visitor enquiries and arrange safe storage of luggage as and when required.
- Receive and forward to the appropriate department reports from visitors of room defects.
Details of role;
- 40 hours per week with a 7am start (5 days of 7 Monday – Sunday)
- 30 days holiday plus 8 bank hols
- Competitive salary
- Conversational level spoken English.
- Experience of greeting guests and visitors and making them feel welcome in a positive and friendly manner.
- Experience of basic clerical duties and office procedures.
- A good standard of personal presentation.
- Attention to detail and a passion for providing excellent customer service.
- Computer literacy: Word, Excel and knowledge of booking systems.
- Self-motivated and able to take decisions after consideration of options.
- Able to successfully balance formality and informality and possess the ability to communicate clearly and deal confidently with a diverse range of people.
- Calm and able to deal confidently with emergency or challenging situations.
- Team working skills and a willingness to support and assist colleagues when required including a flexible approach to work and duties and ability to change working hours if required to cover for colleagues
Oxford, Didcot, Abingdon, Witney, Bicester, Thame
Receptionist, Hospitality, Administrator, Front of House, Hotel Receptionist
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.