Position- ICT Network Technician
Salary- £18k- £19k
Location- Stoke on Trent
- Collaborative working within our shared family of schools
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- Onsite parking
- Free use of the academy fitness suite
- Outstanding state-of-the-art facilities
Our client has a very exciting vacancy for an enthusiastic ICT Technician to join our supportive team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build on and develop their existing skills and will also be encouraged to further expand their technical skills by undertaking a programme of CPD. Please see attached job description for further details.
Purpose of the role
This post holder will be proficient in proving an efficient and effective first line ICT Technical Support service to pupils, staff and guests of the academy.
The post holder will work as part of a team with either a nominated senior member of academy staff or an ICT Network Manager to ensure safe operation and maintenance of ICT technologies within the academy.
The Technician will support in the monitoring and maintenance of the computer systems and networks of the Academy. This will include responsibility for providing first line technical support, the installation and configuration of computer systems, as well as diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and applications issues, either in person, remotely or over the phone.
This job description is not a comprehensive statement of procedures and tasks but sets out the main expectations of the academy in relation to the post holder’s professional responsibilities and duties.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To provide dedicated first line support to all users of computing facilities across the Academy this is likely to include Google Andriod/Apple/Mac, PC operating systems, printers, laptops, tablets and other equipment or services connected to the computer network.
- To provide hardware and software classroom support for teachers using the computer facilities. This may involve helping a teacher in a classroom setup a specific ICT related activity.
- To log and update all IT related incidents/requests.
- To investigate, diagnose and solve support issues.
- Support in ensuring the smooth running of IT systems throughout the academy.
- Undertake general IT hardware/software fixes, such as troubleshooting, network and software faults.
- Install, move, configure, deployment and set up of users’ hardware, i.e. laptops, printers, and mobile devices.
- Carry out periodic health checks and audits of IT equipment, recording maintenance issues as required.
- Ensure the correct disposal of damaged and un-repairable equipment as directed by senior staff.
- To advise on the best practice in the use of computer equipment and software.
- Work on specific IT projects as and when directed.
- To provide support to the ICT Network Manager or ICT Senior Technician, including providing information to be included in report drafted by senior staff
- To maintain good working relationship with staff, students and other professionals.
Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Young People
- Adhere to policies and procedures in relation to safeguarding at all times, and to adhere to the statutory guidance „Keeping Children Safe in Education?.
- Take appropriate action if having any concerns, or are made aware of the concerns of others, regarding the safety or wellbeing of children or young people.
- Keeping Safeguarding knowledge up to date as directed by the academy safeguarding lead.
- Carry out actions as directed to senior academy staff to monitor computer devices.
- To adhere at all times to the Trust’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of information acquired in the course of undertaking duties.
- Ensure that work is completed in compliance with relevant legislation and procedures relating to this role.
- Ensure GDPR principles are embedded in normal working practices.
- Post holders may be required to work flexibly in order to meet the business needs. All staff are required to partake in performance management and training activities.
- Be aware of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and to report any concerns in accordance with the school’s safeguarding policy.
As a term of your employment, you may reasonably be expected to perform duties of a similar or related nature to those outlined in the job description.
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.