Position; Industrial Cleaning Technician / Van Driver
About the role;
Planet Recruitment are proud to be working with a fast-growing organisation based in theBanbury area who are looking for a Industrial Cleaning Technician. Working within the Technical Department, responsible for delivering Specialised Cleaning Services to all customers. Performing duties assigned by a member of the management team, safely, efficiently and in accordance with instructions issued and Company / site procedures focusing on high standards of customer service at all times.
- Wearing appropriate PPE/RPE, undertake a variety of high-level deep-cleaning, tank cleaning, site decontamination including emergency response and decommissioning projects which will involve confined-space entry, high-pressure water jetting, working at height and handling and or removal of hazardous/chemical/biological materials.
- Utilising a variety of tools to remove hazardous/biological materials whilst always working in a safe manner in accordance with risk assessments and operating procedures.
- Ensure full compliance with all Company policies and procedures including health and safety and employment.
- Assisting line management in the development of and adherence to procedures to ensure safety, health, environmental and quality standards are maintained.
- Co-operating with line management in promoting safety, health, environmental and quality awareness with workface personnel, contractors, and visitors.
- Comply with the conditions of site permit to work systems.
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping on site.
- Reporting faults on plant, equipment and PPE /RPE.
- Assisting in the cleaning and maintenance of plant.
- Participating in training as appropriate.
- Participating in pre-job risk assessments when required.
- Participating in the Emergency Response / duty rota system.
- When directed report to the Hazardous Waste Transfer Station management team for alternative duties.
- Completion and submission of relevant paperwork in an accurate and timely fashion, working in conjunction with technical operations to ensure compliance.
- Play an active part in the cleaning and restocking of vehicles after use.
- Play an active part in the upkeep and storage of all tools and consumables.
- Packaging and collecting waste as directed.
- Any other duties, such as ad hoc projects, as requested by the job holder’s Manager/Supervisor or the Board of Directors that are within the skills and capabilities of the job holder.
- Full driving licence
- A background in industrial cleaning activities is not essential as full training will be provided.
- A willingness to learn and achieve.
- Proven ability to work well within a team.
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in practical outdoor work.
- Prepared to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Be adaptable to change.
- A flexible can-do attitude
- Position is graded, based upon experience levels and skills.
- The job holder will be expected to operate in line with our Company Values
Banbury, Oxford, Bicester, Hanwell, Aylesbury, Middleton Cheney, Chipping Norton, Adderbury
Industrial Cleaning, Waste Management, Driving, Technician
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.