Salary £35-£40k – depending on experience.
- Holidays: 22 days plus BH, increasing 1 day per full-service year, up to 25 days per annum plus BH
- Life Assurance: 2 x Basic Salary
- Employee Benefits Platform: EAP, MyMindpal, Cycle-2-Work, High Street Rewards
- Staff Events
This role is part of the platform support function, responsible for the provisioning, support, maintenance and operation platform services and internal support provision.
- Act as an escalation point within Technical Services for technical issues.
- To provide guidance and support to the wider IT services in line with the IT strategy
- Act as a technical lead on specific projects (server, storage, systems, networks) and help to track and manage delivery of projects across the team.
- To contribute to the drive of using automation to create efficiencies.
- Help mentor and develop other members of the Technical Services and wider support teams.
- Propose and lead initiatives within the department, such as process or service improvements, or new training programs.
- Engage and build relationships with both technical and non-technical resources and stakeholders amongst customers and staff.
- Manage additions, deletions and changes in line with the companies ISO9001 and ISO27001 quality and information security systems.
- Maintaining system updates across the estate in line with Cyber Essentials plus requirements.
The role holder will use their technical knowledge to deliver projects to customers of the business.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about technology and will focus on ensuring delivery of projects to customers in a professional and timely manner.
You will possess good interpersonal skills, with a pragmatic approach to the customer, be flexible, and willing to work outside normal office hours, where appropriate to achieve the task in hand.
As a member of a team, you will need to respect the opinions of others and we want people to have a common project goal and share in a knowledge sharing culture.
You will be responsible for the for the provisioning, support, maintenance and operation of platform services and internal support provision. The role will be working with other teams providing technical assistance to pre-sales requests and tender responses where necessary. You will be able to work alone or as part of a team with the ability to stay calm and productive under pressure. You should be self-motivated with excellent planning and organisational skills.
You will have a proven track record in a platform role and have experience in producing appropriate documentation.
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.